Danny Worsnop [Kaitlyn] VI

Kaitlyn's POV:

I hate moving. It's close to the fourth time just this year that I have to move. That means new friends, new school, new house, new everything. It means leaving everything I know behind, and I don't know if I'm ready to do that yet. It was different here. It was the longest I'd stayed anywhere in a while. I was coming to accept it as home. Then this happened. Another job transfer.

I tried to play it off like it was no big deal, I tried to be strong for my parents, as I knew they were struggling too, but it was hard. Especially because I had a boyfriend, and I hadn't told them yet. I had only just told him I was leaving, and he told me he needed time to process it all. I wasn't sure where that left us, as he didn't say he loved me before he left. I'll be honest--I was scared it was over. I didn't know what I'd do without him there to support me.

It was because of that anxiety that I hesitated before picking up the phone when he called.

"Hello?" I asked, then winced at weak my voice sounded.

"I've sorted some things out," he said in way of greeting. I could practically feel my heart plummet and my light lunch rise to my throat.

"I can't live without you, Love," he said. "So if you're moving, I am too." The next thing I knew I was sobbing.

"Do you mean that?" I whispered into he phone, clutching it so tightly my knuckles were white.

"Always. Look out your window." I practically ran to my window, looking out to see him leaning against his car in a dress shirt and khakis. He waved at me, and I started crying again.

"Don't cry, Love. You're too beautiful to be in pain."

"I'm not in pain," I whispered, smiling uncontrollably at him. "I'm happier than I've ever been, than I ever thought I would be. Thank you so much,"

"Thank you, Love, for saving me. Now, I don't know about you, but I think it's high time I meet the makers of the most perfect human I've ever had the honor to lay eyes on," he said, and I could see his wide smile from the second story.

"You have an odd way of saying you want to meet my parents," I teased, grabbing a tissue and wiping my eyes.

"Well if you insist I will," he teased right back.

"Let me give them a quick warning, then I'll introduce you. With any luck, you'll be seeing a lot more of each other soon." I said wishfully.

"I hope so, Love. I'll see you soon," he said, smiling softly.

"See you," I repeated, then raced downstairs.

"Mom! Dad! I have a guest coming to dinner," I said, not even thinking of what their reactions might be.

"What? Now?" My mom asked, looking frazzled already.

"Who?" My dad asked at the same time.

"Guest coming over, yes now, and someone important to me. They're my closest friend here and they've even promised to move with us to be with me." I could see the look of suspicion and surprise grow on both of my parents' faces, and Danny picked that perfect moment to ring the doorbell. I ran to go get it and threw my arms around his neck, holding him tightly.

"Thank you so, so much," I whispered to him.

"Anything for you," he responded, kissing my forehead. I laced my fingers hesitantly through his, and walked into the dining room.

"Mom, dad, this is Danny.. My boyfriend."

-time jump to after dinner-

Danny's POV:

After dinner, Kaitlyn's dad pulled me aside, looking serious.

"Did you mean what you said to my daughter? That you'd do anything for her?" I was momentarily surprised that he heard that, but I didn't hesitate with my answer.

"Yes. Anything I can do and more, if at all possible," I said honestly. He nodded.

"Good. You seem like a good kid, Danny. I know these moves are hard on Kaitlyn. She could use someone outside of her mother and I to lean on. But if you break her heart, I will break your neck." He flexed subtly, his muscles bulging just enough to make me gulp. He looked like he could break me like a toothpick, if I'm being honest.

"I never would, Sir," I responded honestly. He just nodded again, and held out a hand for me to shake.

"Then welcome to the family, Danny."

_________________________

A/N: I know it's super short but I hope you like it..