Time of Your Life (mgg x reader)

Word Count: 914

Warnings: absolute fluff

Summary: During your snowball fight with your best friend, you hit a completely handsome stranger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has got to be the most intense snowball fight you've ever participated in. Your best friend, Taylor, is so competitive, so you didn't expect anything less from her. This all started when neither of you wanted to do the household chores. It's bad enough that you hate doing them, but it's even worse living with someone who hates doing them as well. She challenged that whoever gets pelted with snowballs first loses. The loser has to do all of the household chores for a whole week, and if she's feeling up for it again, you'll have another snowball fight to see who gets it for the next week.

Snow fell from the sky lightly, but it's enough to impair your vision. Taylor is somewhere around here, but you can't find her due to all of the white she's wearing. Her only disadvantage is her bright red hair. All you have to do is look for that and you're golden.

There aren't a lot of people on the sidewalks and streets because of the weather, so that gives you two more room to move about. The tension thickens all around you, and you can tell Taylor is close by. Nothing has happened in a while, so you know she's going to pounce at any given moment. You're treating this game like it's war, but that's what makes it more fun.

You have to act now or you'll be stuck with doing all the chores for the whole week. That's a nightmare you'll never wake from. You gather the snow into a big ball and wait for the right moment to strike. While doing so, you smooth out the rough edges of your snowball so it'll hurt more when you throw it. Footsteps come closer to your hiding spot, and it's now or never.

You jump up from your spot at the last possible minute. It didn't register in your mind that the person in front of you doesn't have red hair. In fact, the person isn't even a female. He's a he, and a very attractive he. It's too late to back out now because you've already thrown the ball.

It smacks the stranger square in the face. It drips off his skin in chunks and the only thing he's capable of doing at that moment is letting out a loud noise of shock. Taylor comes out of her hiding place when she hears the commotion.

"I am so sorry! I thought you were my friend," you apologize.

"You hit a complete stranger?" Taylor hisses.

"Oh yeah, I did this on purpose," you scoff.

"It's okay. It's only snow," the male stranger smiles. "Seriously, I am sorry. I heard footsteps and threw."

"Well, I'm glad it wasn't her. You have a mean throw," he laughs.

Now that you got a better look at him, he's more attractive than you realize. His warm honey-brown eyes pop against the white snow, his cheeks are tinted light pink as his blood works to warm the less important areas of his body. The snow dampens his hair, but his curls still bounce. You've seen him somewhere before, but you can't place it at the moment.

"I'm Matthew."

"Y/N. This is my best friend Taylor. We're just having a good ol' fashioned snowball fight," you chuckle.

"What's the bet?" he asks. He must have seen the confusion on both your faces because he elaborates. "I've had my fair share of snowball fights. They always start with a bet or a challenge."

"Whoever loses has to do all the chores for the entire week," Taylor explains.

"Care to join us? You can try to get me back."

"Count me in," he smiles.

The game continues until there is only one champion. Taylor ended up winning since she grew up with six brothers who trained her in the art of snowball fighting. By the time the game is done, you three met back at the spot where you initially hit Matthew in the face.

"Good game. But I'm getting cold," Taylor comments. "Want to go home?"

You look at Matthew to see what he might think about it. You can't explain it but hitting him in the face might have been the best thing you've ever done. He doesn't give off any other clues except for in his eyes; they are so full of hope.

"Actually, I'll catch up with you later. I'm going to stay with Matthew a little while longer," you decide.

Taylor gives you a sly smile but doesn't complain.

"Alright, have fun you two," she smirks and leaves.

"You didn't have to do that," Matthew says politely.

"I wanted to. I feel like I was meant to hit you with that snowball. As weird as it might sound."

"I like weird. So, Taylor might have been able to win this round, but do you think you can beat me?" Matthew challenges.

"Are you declaring war against me?"

"It's only a war if someone gets defeated, and I think I know who might," he teases."

"Oh, you're on! I'll have you know that what you called a "mean throw" wasn't even my mean throw. Care to know what it looks like?"

"Bring it on," he laughs and scoops up a big chunk of snow.

You squeal as soon as he charges at you. Never in a million years would you think that having a snowball fight with a complete stranger would be the best time of your life.