4 | nostalgia

Arrow's apartment^

RAINE'S POV

*

I had been in Rhode Island for about a month and a half. It wasn't too bad- except for the fact that I hated what I was studying. But with Lilah, my spirits had seemed to be lifted.

Arrow, on the other hand, was a pain in the ass. He was always neutral, he never smiled, never showed any expression. Only trouble maker smirks and witty comments and jabs at me. Honestly, I didn't mind, because it gave me something other than dance to focus on.

After I came back to the dorm from Arrow's apartment, Lilah practically jumped me.

"Where the hell were you? I was worried sick. I though something happened!" she exclaimed, her dark brown eyes wide with shock.

Laughing, I waved her off. "I crashed at someone's apartment."

She scrunched her eyebrows. "Who's?"

"Uh..." I chuckled nervously. "Arrow's."

Lilah stared at me for a second, before her lips parted and her eyes brightened. "OHMIGOSH!"

I looked around, as if someone was watching us in our dorm. "Shut up!" Lilah covered her mouth and giggled.

"Tell me the details." she demanded, pulling my abruptly on to the couch.

I rolled my eyes. "We didn't do anything. I just crashed there. He dropped me this morning."

Lilah looked at me in confusion. "But... you didn't talk to each other the whole night."

"He's my economics partner," I started. "He was the guy who spilled coffee on me."

Even though I hadn't told her this before, Lilah didn't look surprised. "Of course he would." she muttered. "Arrow's always in an iffy mood. He always has something on his mind."

This made me wonder: He knew one of my secrets. What about him? What was bothering him so much that he was always grumpy? Why did he always frown and curse?

"Do you know why he's like that?" I asked.

Lilah shook her head. "Not a clue. I don't think Merrick does either."

I nodded. Quickly, I stood up. "Wanna hang? I finished all my assignments."

"Sure." she agreed. "Let me get ready."

I walked to my bedroom. I stripped off Arrow's clothes, throwing them into the laundry basket. Skipping to my closet, I wrenched the doors open.

I saw the gleam of my blush ballet slippers. Swallowing dryly, I kicked them further into my closet so I wouldn't be able to see them. I pulled out an argyle sweater and light, baggy jeans. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, smearing some lip gloss on my lips. I brushed my hair and fished out a light blue bandana to tie my hair with. Pulling on white sneakers, I grabbed a casual, brown sling back and waited in the living room for Lilah.

She sauntered out a few minutes later, wearing a black dress with sunflowers dancing on it. "Can we please, please, please get mani-pedis?" Lilah begged, giving me puppy eyes.

I winked at her. "You read my mind."

*

I didn't get anything fancy. I chose white (both feet and hands), a simple but pleasant color. I didn't get any tips, or acrylics. I just enjoyed the little massage on my feet. Lilah had gotten acrylic nails- bright neon green on her hands and a baby pink color on her toe nails.