29 | date

raine

*
When we arrive at Aria's house the next morning, a white Toyota is parked on the driveway. My hands automatically clench when I recognize the name BLA1RE on the license plate.

She was so full of herself that even her car was labeled.

I ring the doorbell once, but when no one answers, I click it repeatedly. Five minutes later, the door swings open, revealing the redheaded bitch.

"Oh," she snarls, leaning against the doorframe. Blaire as a thin, almost see through sweater and only a pair of underwear on. "You."

"Yes, me, bitch," I hiss. "You reckless, selfish piece of shit. You left your sister at the studio last night."

"And?" Blaire drawls lazily. "Someone always drops her home anyway."

Aria speaks up, her usually tiny voice surprisingly clear. "That's not true. I walk home most of the times."

Blaire's beady green eyes narrow in on Aria. "Fuck you, you little shit."

"No, fuck you, Blaire." Arrow advances. "How fucking dare you leave her all by herself, repeatedly. Do you not feel ashamed?"

Blaire doesn't say anything. He goes on. "If you leave her one more time, I will take this straight to the police."

I crouch down to Aria's height. "I'll see you on Wednesday, alright?" She nods and gives me a swift hug before rushing into the house.

Blaire glares at me and slams the door in my face, but I'm too exhausted with her to argue. I just follow Arrow into the car and slump in my seat. We're on the way to campus when he speaks up.

"I'm taking you out after classes," he says, without any room to argue. "I'll pick you up at 5."

"Alright," I agree. "Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon," he pulls into the parking lot. "Just wear something warm." Although most of the snow cleared away, it was still very cold. I nodded, pulling my coat tighter around my body.

Arrow walks around the car and opens the door for me. I look up at his through my lashes and say, "How chivalrous."

He winks before closing the car door shut behind me. "Anything for you, baby."

*

The suspense was killing me. I drove back to the dorm with Lilah.

"Where is he taking me?" I rant, collapsing on my bed. Lilah stands in my closet, swiping through my clothes. "Do you think it's dinner?"

Lilah bites her lip and thinks. "No, I don't think so. He's not a wine and dine kind of guy." She pouts and pulls out a fancy, velvet black dress. "Too bad. You could've wore this and show off all the curves you have."

I throw a stuffed bunny at her. She dodges it and asks, "Did he give any context?"

"Not really. He just said wear something warm."

Lilah grumbles. "Well, that's not much."

Sighing, I roll off the bed. "I don't really feel like dressing up." I grab black sweatpants and a university sweatshirt.

Lilah shrugs. "Suit yourself."

When he knocks on the door, I'm nervous. Because what if he shows up in a suit? Then I would look like a homeless person trailing along with him.

I open the door, and he's dressed in a dark blue crew neck and black sweatpants. Thank god. "Hey. Is this okay? I can change if you want, but I just really—"