7 | slow dance

Primrose^

Arrow's POV

*

I didn't mean for the word "perfect" to slip out. It was out of my mouth before I could stop it. But it was true. She looked good. She didn't have much make up on, and her dress hugged her body with perfection. Her smile was gorgeous.

Raine stared at my with surprise before giggling slightly. She swatted my chest and opened the car door. "Well, I'd better look perfect, because this dress was not cheap." I got in the car on the driver's side and reversed out of the parking lot.

"So," she said slowly. "Who are we tricking again?"

I looked over at her at a stoplight. "This girl named Blaire. So fucking annoying."

She crossed her arms. "Maybe you did something to her."

"All I told her was that I wasn't available and had a girlfriend." I said while steering the wheel. "That's where you step in, because I don't have one." Raine snickered. I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I scoffed. "Like you've dated before?" She instantly grew red and shrunk back in her seat. I smiled to myself as I pulled into a parking space. I heard a loud groan come from Raine and turned back around.

I clicked open my door. "What is your problem?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just not looking forward to spending my night with a bunch of talking encyclopedia's. Like you." Raine mused, exiting the car. "I might not be able to play the part if I'm asleep."

Rolling my eyes, I walked to the building until I realized Raine wasn't behind me. I looked around, cursing when I saw her in the middle of the road, wobbling around in her heels uneasily. "Come on!"

"You try walking in heels!" she shot back. She tripped and grabbed on to my arm and made a noise between a shriek and a cry. "Ow."

"Why did you wear them?"

Raine sighed. "Because you said fancy, and heels are fancy. There won't be a single person in the room without heels. I just haven't broken these in yet."

We entered the building soon enough, and it had been completely transformed. It went from boring gray to bright gold, and there were black and gold balloons hung up everywhere. Raine was in fact right, every lady in the room was wearing heels. And every single person had a date. I caught sight of some of the other interns in the room, but no Blaire. Yet.

"Woah, that cake looks good." Raine said dreamily, staring at the triple layer cake sitting on a table. "And those treats- where'd they get those from?"

I sighed. "Shut up." She pouted.

"Meanie." Raine muttered. "Aren't you supposed to meet your boss or something?"

I had forgot about that. "Let's go." I placed my hand on her back and she flinched as if my hand was burning hot. Then, she seemed to relax.

Mr. Carsyn was standing besides the food, chatting with some other people. He turned around and smiled when he saw me. "Arrow!"

"Hello, sir." I put on a fake smile. "How are you?"

He laughed, the champagne in his glass swishing around. "I just saw you a few hours ago. Who is this lovely lady?"

"This," I said, making brief, stern eye contact with her, "Is Raine. My girlfriend."

She laughed nervously. "Hello, Mr..."

"Carsyn!" he chuckled. "Hasn't Arrow ever told you about me?"

"Um... he has. Just never mentioned your name." Raine shot a dazzling smile at him.