9 | sunrise

Arrow^ (literally so hot he could step on me and I would thank him)

RAINE'S POV

*

My eyes fluttered open to orange light filling the room. The sun had just began to rise. I stretched, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I looked around. This wasn't my room.

It was Arrow's. My face burned. When we had gone to sleep, we were on totally opposite sides of the bed, but during the night, I had rolled over on my side, and was two inches away from him. His eyes were shut, with one arm tucked under his pillow, the other curled against his chest. The blanket was around his waist, which exposed his caramel complexion and muscled back. My mouth dried and I rolled out of the bed, grabbing my phone.

It was seven a.m. We didn't have to be at class till nine thirty. Quietly, I exited the room so I wouldn't wake Arrow up. Opening my backpack, I went into the guest bathroom and brushed my teeth before changing into running clothes. I was about to leave the apartment when soft footsteps brushed behind me.

Arrow was standing there, in nothing but sweatpants, which lung low on his hips. I could see his defined v-line. His eyes were sleepy, and if there was anyone who could pull off ruffled bed hair, it was him. "Where are you going?" Arrow's voice was deep and husky, thick with sleep.

"On a run." I answered, tying my hair into a ponytail. Then, highly aware that he would dismiss, I asked, "Wanna come with?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Sure. Give me a few minutes." Arrow disappeared back into his room, leaving me standing. I noticed the tattoo on his back, right on his shoulder. It was words, but I couldn't read what it said.

Arrow reappeared a few minutes later, wearing black shorts and a tight black tank top. Seriously, did the guy own anything other than black or gray?

"Yeah, I have white." he responded, pulling his apple watch off the charger. Arrow slid his phone in his pocket before motioning at me to open the door.

Did I just say that out loud?

"Mhm." he nodded, a small smirk on his face. "Ready?" Arrow took off, leaving me in tow.

*

That guy ran like a superhuman. Six miles straight without stopping. He wasn't doing a slow jog, he ran faster than Quicksilver. I could barely keep up with him.

When we reached the apartment, I was half dead. Sweat drenched my body, and I was panting heavily. Arrow wasn't even making a noise. He looked at me, a distorted expression etched on his face.

"Are you sure," I heaved, wiping my forehead. "You don't have superspeed? Or super stamina?"

He chuckled. "I'm sure." Arrow unlocked the apartment, staring at his watch. "Oh, would you look at that? 10,000 steps." Rolling my eyes, I glanced at my watch. 9,716 steps. Damnit.

"You can shower in the guest room bathroom, because I'm assuming that your huge ass bag has an extra change of clothes." Arrow mused, taking a swig of water. He handed me a water bottle and disappeared back into his room.

After showering, I climbed out, changing into comfy leggings and a Brown University sweatshirt. Drying my hair with a towel, I sauntered out of the bathroom, steam pillowing behind me.

Arrow was sitting on the couch, flipping through a book. The kitchen smelled like whipped cream and maple syrup. There was a plate of pancakes sitting in a straight pile with a dollop of perfect, white whipped cream.

How had he found the time to shower, make pancakes, and sit down and read a book? Then again, I did take really long showers. "It smells amazing in here."