31 | family

arrow

I'm watching her type away on her laptop through half lidded eyes. Drowsiness overcomes me, and I tug on the sleeve of her sweatshirt once more. "Go to bed," I mumble into the pillow, which smells so much like her, like her berry scented shampoo. "It's late."

To my dismay, her eyes don't tear away from the screen. Her teeth catch her bottom lip, pulling at it, and I have to shut my eyes before I get hard again. "Shortcake. Bed. Now."

She huffs. "But this is homework."

"I'll do it for you tomorrow." I mumble, eyes closed.

"It's due tomorrow, Arrow." Raine answers, the sound of her typing ceasing momentarily. "I knew I should have sent you home. You're too much of a distraction."

Her words bring a smile to my face. "I'm distracting?" Raine rolls her eyes. "Don't let it get to your head."

I open my arms. "Come here." I'm on the verge of begging, whining. She stares at me a moment, with those beautiful, silvery eyes, before slumping and giving in. While glaring daggers at me, she closes her laptop and places it on the nightstand.

A moment later, I feel her warmth sink into my body and resist the urge to smile. Her soft, smooth body is against mine, her nose just inches apart from my own. She brings a hand up to my face, and my eyes flutter shut as she brushes my hair out of my eyes. Her fingers wind into my hair, gently scraping my scalp, and I let out a soft exhale. "That feels good."

She laughs, a breathy sound that has blood rushing to my groin. Then, I feel a kiss on my forehead, on my nose, my cheeks, and finally, my lips. Raine pulls back way to quickly for my liking, so I frown and pull her tightly against me.

If someone would have told me that I'd be cuddling in bed with the most beautiful girl in the world four months ago, I probably would have laughed in their face. I was so certain that I didn't need anyone in my life, and then came Raine, who knocked me to my ass.

"Arrow." she says quietly. "Hm."

"Can I ask you something?" I smile into her neck. "Sure."

"What do you like to do for fun?"

The question takes me by surprise. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting. "Oh," I murmur. "I don't know."

She laughs again, poking me in the stomach. "C'mon. Nothing? Besides studying and working."

I glare at her, but soften when I see her big smile. "Working out?"

Raine gives me an unimpressed look. "Seriously?"

I brush a hair out of her face. "In middle school, I got into a habit of painting. I haven't done it in a good bit, but I always thought it was peaceful."

Her lips trace my neck. "Hm. I would like to see these paintings."

I strain out a laugh. "I don't have them with me. They're at my mother's house."

"Well, we're going there for dinner soon, aren't we? I can see them then."

I don't argue with her. Instead, I roll us over so that she's on her back and I'm on top of her. Gently, I ease her thighs apart so I can fit my body with hers. She sighs when I bury my face into her neck.

"Arrow." she asks again.

I chuckle. "Yes?"

"Have you ever had a girlfriend before?"
Stubborn girl, she is. She won't stop talking until she gets what she wants.

"No," I whisper. "I was never interested."

"So I'm your first girlfriend then?"

A huge grin spreads on my lips. "If you want to be."