27 | shock

raine

The drive back home was surprisingly uneventful. The boys took turns driving, and we were all just too tired to do anything other than sleep. I guess we were all a little homesick.

When we stopped at our dorm building, Lilah and I clambered out, lugging our bags out of the car. "See y'all later," Lilah murmured with a yawn. I glance at Arrow, but he's asleep in the passenger seat, so I close the car door. We make our way to our door room before collapsing on the sofas.

"So, you fucked him, right?" Lilah asks, her eyes closed. I push myself up, my mouth hanging open in disbelief. She certainly didn't like to beat around the bush.

I sputter. "What? No!"

She rolls her eyes, stretching her legs like a cat. "Don't be silly. His tongue was all the way down your throat last night."

Groaning, I bury my face into a pillow. "You saw that?"

"And heard it," Lilah's face turns smug as she teases me. "Oh, Arrow. More, Arrow."

I hurl the pillow at her; it hits her square in the face. She curses at me and glares haughtily. "I don't sound like that! And we didn't fuck, idiot. We just... made out."

"Yeah. I heard."

"Oh, shut up."

I stand up from the couch. "We're all gross. We need to shower and go to bed. We have school, remember?"

She mumbles under her breath. "School? What's that?"

Laughing, I walk out past her and grab my bags, but another thrown pillow knocks me down to the ground. Huffing, I blow my hair out of my face. "Oh, you're dead, DeLilah."

*

Both Lilah and I struggled to get out of bed the next day. It was snowing heavily, so instead of driving on the slippery roads, we walked to campus in the freezing cold. We barely made it before loosing consciousness and dying. We parted ways, and I headed to economics.
Arrow is already in his seat. My stomach began bubbling as I walked up to my chair. He tilts his head at me.

"Hello," I murmur, taking a seat beside him. "You look great."

His hair is disheveled, and dark circles are painted around his eyes. "Enough with the sarcasm," Arrow drones. "Merrick forced himself into my apartment and kept me up all night."

I giggle, raising my hand to smooth down his unruly locks. "Still look hot, though."

He stares at me with a dark gaze that makes heat curl in my belly. "Don't say things like that." Arrow looks straight ahead. "Fucking hell."

"Hm," Arrow's head is facing forward again, jaw clenched. "Dirty mouth, Arrow."

The corners of his mouth lift. "Dirtier than what I had for dinner the other night?" He watches me drop my hand from his hair and cover my face as realization comes to me. Arrow says nothing; he just has a disgustingly smug smirk on his lips that I want to slap off.

"I hate you."

"I hate you more."

"No, I hate you more."

"I-" We're interrupted by our professor's sharp clearing of the throat. Breaking away, I look down at my textbook, scanning over words that I don't actually read. My face is burning and Arrow knows it. He snickers under his breath and turns a page in his book.

After class is over, I make a statement to ignore Arrow, but when he tugs against my sleeve, my anger vanishes. "Come to my apartment after classes are over."