Chapter 2

While there were now some places where two people of the same gender could be married and have that be legally regarded as such by the muggle government, most of the locations that would support it were Quaker Meeting Houses. Due to this, and the most local place that allowed these wedding was one of them, Sirius and Remus got married in one of them.

It was a sweet, but fairly plain building which had around three actual rooms excluding the toilets. The largest was the meeting room, the second largest was where the members of the community would get tea and biscuits after the meetings. The third room was the kitchen, due to it being a small group in an area with very low number of children, there was no specific room for the children to go into part way through the longer meetings as some places did.

The ceremony was sweet, Harry found it easy to stay quiet the whole time as he was supposed to, it's what he always did. Some of the people close to Remus and Sirius got up and talked about the two men's relationship and what they were like when they were younger, Harry learnt a lot about the two men from that. Finally Sirius and Remus got up and said their vows.

Harry wanted to pay attention, and he did hear the whole thing, but a fair amount of it went right over his head. He was allowed to sign the marriage certificate at the end, which made him feel happy.

At the end of the meeting, after the magical members said their goodbyes to the muggles, they all apparated to the bank of the lake that held Lily and James' island. Nobody could get to the island, other than Harry and Dumbledore, could get there without Harry taking them there, so all the nice boats followed the one with Harry, Remus and Sirius in it.

-----

Harry and Draco were sitting on the train, Predawn had wrapped themself around Harry's arm. Harry didn't know what they had done during the summer holidays, but they were rarely at the house, Harry hadn't seen them often, and they were much bigger now than they were at the end of last year.

Draco was enjoying himself as he played with Harry's hair, Harry himself leaning in, loving the affection. They were waiting for Blaise and Pansy, but for the time being enjoying the silence, Pansy was a very loud person.

"Hey kiddos." Ven said, poking their head through the door. They were in a set of robes that ere a dark blue and green. "How were your summers?"

"Harry got a Nimbus 2001, and father got me one too, so we played some 2 on 2 Quidditch with Pansy and Blaise." Draco said, Harry sitting up taller.

"I'm a bit better at talking now." Harry whispered.

"I'm proud of you Harry, you're doing amazingly!" Ven said with a large grin, ruffling Harry's fluffy hair.

"You're in here, Ven?" Melissa asked, leaning against the doorframe. Rose stood behind her, looking happy. "I hope you're not annoying them."

"You offend me, Mel." Ven joked, pressing their hand to their head dramatically, clutching their chest as though their hear hurt.

"Oh really? Why were you here then?" Melissa said with a smile, her eyes almost looking like they were glistening.

"I was asking about our children's summer." Ven said, huffing and throwing their nose in the air in a way that seemed reminiscent of some of the more "elite" first years.

"When did we become your children?" Draco asked, his lip curling up into a joking smirk. Harry was staying close to him because he didn't recognise Rose, making him feel uncomfortable.

"The whole of last year, sweetie." Melissa said with a light chuckle. "Anyway, sorry to disturb, just grabbing our idiot. See you both at the feast!"

Ven was pulled away by Melissa, Rose laughing quietly as she followed them, leaving the two second years alone in their compartment again. Draco was reluctant to get up given Harry had relaxed into him again, but they hadn't closed the door properly, leaving it swinging in a way that irritated him more than it really should have. Before he could, though, there was already someone at the door.

"Still manipulating the Boy Who Lived into joining the dark side?" Ron asked with an evil looking smirk, making Harry grab onto Draco's robes and curl into himself.

"Why are you still where you're not wanted, Weasel?" Draco snapped, his eyes catching the light making Harry think they were more breath taking than usual, he hadn't realised they were different colours before.

"Just introducing Harry to someone better for him to be around." He said, looking down with his lip curled upwards, making Harry more uncomfortable.

"Who told you you could call him 'Harry'? Etiquette is that you call each other by surnames unless told otherwise. Harry is 'Potter' to you." Draco corrected.

"Ron, please just stop. I agreed to meet him because you said you two were friends." A girl with the same ginger hair as Ron said, her eyes looked like they had a fierce fire behind them as she glared at him.

"Gin, he should be our friend, so should that Hermione girl, don't tell me what to do." Ron snapped at her, but unlike Harry, she didn't flinch, instead she pushed her own face into his.

"Ron, leave. You're not improving anything, so go." She said, her voice intimidating as the two stared each other down.

The girl seemed to have won, as Ron stormed off in a huff, she stayed behind though, breathing a sigh. Her clothes were better kept than Ron's, although it wasn't obvious if she was just better at looking after her stuff or she was favoured over him.

"Sorry about Ron, he and mum completely believe Dumbledore and apparently he had planned for you and him to be friends. Percy thinks the same and Fred and George think the opposite. I'm Ginny, no offense, but I honestly hope we don't see each other again." The girl said, her tone more high and mighty than it needed to be, and she closed the door more forcefully than needed, but not only did she get Ron to leave them alone, but she also told them two Gryffindors who might help them.

Admittedly, they had been helped by Fred and George last year, but it didn't seem like she knew about that. At least it was a good thing to know who else they needed to avoid, and know why Ron was so obsessed with the idea of him and Harry being friends.

"Hello!!" Pansy yelled, throwing the door open.

"Hey guys." Blaise said from behind her, closing the door behind them as Pansy flopped over all the seats of one side of the compartment. Blaise sat next to Harry and Draco, where there was space.

"There's never a quiet moment, is there?" Draco asked with an exaggerated sigh.

"Quiet? At Hogwarts? Dream on." Pansy laughed. "Hey Harry, how are you?"

'Okay' Harry signed, all the people he didn't know, as well as Pansy's volume making him uncomfortable speaking again.