Chapter 35

Harry was much thinner than he was before, and looked very pale in the bed. Sirius and Remus had been kicked out while Axol diagnosed and started Harry's treatment, their breathing shallow with worry as they poorly convinced themselves everything was fine. It seemed like things had gotten worse between the time they got the report and the time they were able to get them.

"How is Harry?" Draco asked, running up to the two men as soon as Narcissa had finished apparating.

"Axol kicked us out, so we don't know, but he'll be fine." Remus said with a sigh, his eyes flicking over to the door hiding Harry and Axol from them.

"Hey, Dragon, could you look at the report we got and see if there's anything missing?" Lucius asked, grabbing the report from his desk and handing it to Draco to give him something to do that's actually useful.

Draco took it immediately, sitting on one of the comfortable armchairs to read it, his eyes flicking to the door every so often as he read it. Most of it sounded correct, but made Draco's blood boil. The report was only one day's worth of Harry's experience there, but he, Harry and Khadija could all say it was a daily occurrence.

"Wait, this doesn't make sense." Draco said, his eyebrows turning down in confusion.

"What's wrong, Draco?" Narcissa asked, going over and looking over his shoulder at the part of the report he was reading. It was during Harry's detention when he had run into a group of people in the halfblood course.

"That's Khadija," Draco said, pointing at the girl with her hair covered, her hijab a bright purple that day, in the middle of the group laughing at Harry. "She's Harry's friends, she's nice, a little too easily excited, but she likes Harry. She looked after him in class, and while she's a halfblood, she was also in the muggleborn course with Harry. She idolises Professor Natasha McGonagall a lot, and Harry even started talking to her, although she told me that she couldn't hear him because of how quiet he is."

"Harry started talking to her? If he trusted her that much then he must have known her for a long time, it would be odd if she suddenly changed that drastically." Narcissa agreed, looking at the picture fixed in a loop of the event with a furrowed brow.

Now looking at the scene for anomalies, rather than as an objective show of what Harry's life there was like, she watched Khadija closely. By all means her body language was natural, her ears still moved up and back as she laughed at the poor Harry, she startled a little when Harry bumped into her, but wasn't that normal?

Looking more closely, Narcissa noticed that Khadija's eyes were dull, unusually so. Perhaps that was a clue, at least she hoped it was, it seemed they would have to call Rita again.

"Um," Axol said, now outside the door, awkwardly drawing attention to themself.

"How is Harry?" Draco asked, looking excited, tossing the report to the side and rushing towards Axol.

"I've done the immediate treatment, he needs to get used to eating more again, but beware that process may be slow. He supressed his magic a lot, which caused some internal magic damage, but I have healed that. I suggest not leaving him alone for the time being, be there to support him as much as possible, and make it easy for him to be near at least one of you." Axol said, fiddling with their fingers.

"Thank you, Axol, can we go in now?" Narcissa said with a smile.

"Yes, but he is exhausted, so don't wake him up." Axol said, picking their bag up again and heading to the fireplace.

Draco was the first to run into the room, rushing towards Harry. Draco clambered onto the bed beside Harry, pulling the sleeping boy into a hug that, even while asleep, he returned. Draco was sad that Harry was already asleep, but he couldn't help but be glad that he was with Harry again, the weeks of Harry not showing up made him feel hurt, like Harry didn't like him anymore.

"Dragon, you okay?" Narcissa asked quietly, stroking Draco's hair softly.

Draco's eyes started drooping, the fear having faded and he was finally relaxing. He hadn't been sleeping well, waiting for Harry, and now he was exhausted. Draco nodded, but Narcissa seemed to notice how tired he was.

"Stay here and sleep well, Dragon." Narcissa whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to Draco's forehead, but stayed in the room, gently stroking Draco's hair until he fell asleep.

"Lucius, you still have Skeeta's contact, right?" Sirius asked, looking down at the two boys.

"Of course." Lucius said in a monotone.

"Have her investigate Wilkins. We'll ask the boys how much they're willing to have published when we start the trial." Narcissa said, her voice cold, but her eyes warm, having now moved back from the boys.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this chapter is shorter than normal. I am really not feeling great right now and classes have started again so chapters may take longer or be shorter like this. I really appreciate comments about the story, so I hope it's just that people don't have anything to say. I would like to remind everyone to vote on a new name for Cho, she will become somewhat important later.