Chapter 36

It really didn't take long for Harry to get better, although there were still a few potions he had to take to help his body recover from the internal magic damage which was only made worse by his poor sleep and diet. Draco also needed a check up and had some minor issues from the terrible quality food they all ate.

They had hired Rita Skeeta again to investigate Maddison, as both Harry and Draco insisted that Khadija hadn't been acting like how she normally did so something must be wrong there. Draco and all the adults except Sirius all had experiences when they didn't know why they had done something or ended up somewhere. In all of these instances it was either something they were actively against, or just something they weren't planning to do. There were some blanks in their memories too.

Harry was silent again for over a week, everyone having come to the decision that it would probably be best to wait for the holidays to be over before Harry and Draco went back to Hogwarts. Both boys agreed that they didn't want to try another school and just wanted to go back to Hogwarts, and the holidays giving time for them to get readjusted and for any fallout from Maddison.

Harry was honestly happy he always got to be around someone, although when it was Lucius he was alone with it was a little awkward, as he didn't really seem to know what to do with him. That being said, he was still nice, more just letting Harry sit and read as he wanted, and giving him snacks and nice drinks with an occasional head pat. When Harry was with Draco they were normally making potions, unless Narcissa and Lucius was there, when they would learn what they had missed from the poor learning quality they had gotten recently. Narcissa with Harry would teach him about fun parts of the wizarding world that Harry didn't know about. Remus and Harry would snuggle under blankets reading different books and drink, Harry having decaf tea and Remus drinking black coffee. Sirius would usually be the one to come up with ideas for what he and Harry could do together, but about half of them would be vetoed by Remus for being too dangerous.

"Okay, boys, it's time for you to move upstairs. Move to one of your rooms now, trust me you would rather not be in the room when Skeeta comes, she'll write all about you and your friendship will be front page news, especially everything about you, Harry." Narcissa said, chivvying them both upstairs, levitating their things into their right place in the boxes, then leaving the boxes for the boys to carry, and levitating the cauldron upstairs. "Which room?"

"We'll go to my room, these are my ingredients and cauldron." Draco piped up, having grabbed 2 of the three boxes and rushing forwards to open door for his mother.

"Alright, I'll come tell you when she's gone, you can decide if you want to go downstairs or not, but don't come downstairs before." Narcissa warned, putting the cauldron down in Draco's room and closing the door.

"Oh well." Draco said with a shrug, putting the boxes he was holding down and taking the ingredients they needed out again.

'Who is S-K-E-E-T-E-R?' Harry signed, after putting the box down, Draco getting the ingredients out of the box Harry had been holding.

"Oh, Rita Skeeter, she's a reporter for the Daily Prophet. She's kinda infamous because she normally writes lies about everyone and uses a quick quotes quill that doesn't really record what people say. She likes drama, and will do anything to get it, typically lying. If you met her she would probably make up any stories about you, especially with.. Y'know. But you don't need to worry about anything right now, Mum and Dad have used her before and if you pay her enough she'll only publish what you want her to, even if it's nothing." Draco explained, thumbing through the book to the instructions for the potion they were making to check the next step.

Harry nodded, not that Draco was looking at him, sitting down beside him, the carpet a little worn in Draco's room due to all the potions work he did in there, especially ones he wasn't supposed to make yet.

"Have a cushion." Draco said, grabbing a couple of cushions from his bed and tugging them down, more than he was expecting falling down, a few were very little though, so that wasn't important.

If Draco hadn't already grabbed the cushions down Harry would have refused, but given they were already cascaded over the floor, he was happy to grab two, one large, soft one to sit on and one smaller one to hug. Draco himself was already sitting on one, but it was much firmer than the one Harry was sitting on, but Draco didn't seem to have cared.

"Okay, can you dice the seaweed while I stir it?" Draco asked, keeping an eye on the potion so it didn't turn the dark purple colour described by the book as what it would look like if it was about to explode. It was the most difficult part of the potion, and one wrong stir and it could well explode.

Harry nodded, Draco only noticing it from the corner of his eye, grabbing the seaweed from the furthest box and dicing it finely, the way potions ingredients were always supposed to be, unless they were whole or crushed. Harry was finished before Draco needed the seaweed, which was much better than the other way 'round, Harry pushed the chopping board towards Draco and wiped the knife on an old piece of cloth that was pretty clean. It had once been Draco's robes, but they were a set that Harry had been given while they waited for his new clothes, but it had unfortunately gotten ripped when Harry had fallen down the stairs.

"Missus Malfoy ordered Ditzy to bring masters some refreshments, she's said miss Skeeta will stay longer than expected." A house elf with an extremely high pitched voice that made Harry's head hurt  said, a tray filled with enough food for a full meal hovering beside it. There was also a tea set, the teapot in an embroidered tea cosy, and a jug of juice with cups.

"Thank you, Ditzy, we'll call one of you if we need anything." Draco said, not even bothering to look up at the elf, grabbing the seaweed Harry had diced in handfuls to sprinkle into the potion in large clumps.

Harry poured them both a cup of juice, shuffling around so he was leaning against the bed. On the tray there was also one of the potions he needed to take, so he took it then. He didn't think Draco would need him to do anything else for the potion, so he didn't really care when the potion started making him feel drowsy.