Pornography

Gabriel glanced at his watch, Eden should be here in a few minutes. The Archangel turned back to the novel he was reading which was keeping him occupied.

Although he hadn't been living there very long, Gabriel had grown quite fond of his new home, Archangel Falls, as Eden dubbed it.

It was a three storey cottage which was just a ten minute walk away from South Downs. Eden had been over to visit ever since she had recovered from her wounds....but Gabriel pushed those unpleasant thoughts away, continuing to read his book until he heard a familiar voice call his name.

"Gabriel!"

Gabriel glanced up and saw Eden make her walking towards his cottage on the dirt path.

"Edie!" Gabriel set his book down on the wooden table next to him and shot to his feet, racing to meet Eden.

"Hope I didn't keep you waiting." Eden said as she and Gabriel hugged each other tightly.

"You never keep me waiting Edie." Gabriel murmured as he gazed into her piercing blue serpentine eyes.

"Would you like something to drink before we head to the carnival? You did walk awfully far...."

"It was only a ten minute walk and there's a nice little breeze blowing-" but before Eden could say another word, Gabriel snapped his fingers and a pitcher of lemonade and two glasses.

"Perhaps a couple drinks wouldn't hurt." Eden surmised as Gabriel took her by the hand, leading her to the porch.

"Oh, sorry. I'll get this out of the way." Gabriel snatched the book off of the table and tucked it under his chair.

"You don't need to hide your pornography from me Gabe." Eden grinned as she took a sip of lemonade.

"You're not gonna let me live that down either huh?"

"Course not." Eden giggled. "It's some of your best work." It was her favorite story featuring the Archangel, and now that she was dating him, she loved it even more.

"I'm reading about a murder mystery that takes place at the Loo." Gabriel cracked, fondly recalling the story her parents told him while they were in Paris.

"Touché." Eden replied.