Ferris Wheel

"You two look like you've been having fun!" Aziraphale grinned as the four of them met at the Ferris Wheel. Eden and Gabriel's hair were an absolute disaster. Archangel Gabriel, whose never had a hair out of place, looked as if a tornado had plowed through it and Eden, well, actually, Eden's hair was as unruly as ever, her tartan bow barrette only hanging by a few strands of hair.

Aziraphale stepped forward and did his best to try to corral Eden's wild curls before he finally put the bow back in its proper place. "There now, much better."

Gabriel ran a hand through his own hair, hoping it would help straighten it. He wished he had a mirror and a comb.

"Don't worry about it Gabe, your hair looks nice when it's just as crazy as mine." chuckled Eden.

"So it doesn't really spin?" Gabriel asked. What is it with humans and spinning?

"It spins very slowly." Eden confirmed. "It's the perfect ride for when you wanna relax with someone special." She shifted closer to him which made his cheeks flush scarlet. "T-That sounds nice." Gabriel stammered, his stomach spinning as fast as the Round Up.

Crowley and Aziraphale got on the Ferris Wheel first and Eden waved to them as her parents were lifted in their compartment upwards so the next compartment, which was empty, was now ready for them.

"Good thing that it's getting late, we have the entire Ferris Wheel all to ourselves!" Eden smiled up at Gabriel as they climbed inside the compartment. Gabriel fumbled with his seatbelt, still not used to how this contraption worked until Eden stepped in and gave him a hand.

Gabriel let out a sigh of relief once his seat belt was secure, only to blush when he realized that he and Eden were sitting under the same strap of leather that was keeping them from falling from out of the seat.

"Only one seatbelt, whatever shall we do?" Eden asked dramatically, her blue serpentine eyes gazed at him imploringly.

"I know just the thing." Gabriel replied with a crooked grin, wrapping an arm around her as she scooted closer to him.

"Crowley! Leave them be!" Aziraphale scolded his husband, who was trying to peer over their compartment's railing.

"I'm just checking on them, angel. Their compartment could have a.....er... faulty railing!"

"Crowley." Aziraphale arched an eyebrow as Crowley let out a defeated sigh. "Okay ya got me, I hate that their always touching! Is it normal for couples nowadays to have that much physical contact? Not that Eden is part of a couple!"

"She's Archangel Gabriel's girlfriend dear boy." Aziraphale said matter of factly. "She's been writing it everywhere, especially on the bathroom mirror."

"Grrrrr." Crowley growled. He had seen that writing drawn on the foggy mirror many times as soon as Eden had left the loo after a shower.

"Love, it's gotten chilly all of a sudden and I need something, or rather someone to keep me warm." Aziraphale smirked at Crowley, knowing that some snuggles was just the thing that his demon couldn't resist and lift his spirits. And more importantly, give their daughter and her boyfriend privacy.

"Bastard." Crowley huffed as he practically flew into Aziraphale's lap.

"Did you enjoy your very first carnival?" Eden asked after she and Gabriel sat in silence for a few minutes, enjoying one another's company as they gazed up at the star filled sky.

"I loved it. It's the most fun I've had in...well...ever..." It was true, angels didn't have fun. Especially Archangels....

"Stick with me kid and you'll have more fun than you can handle." Eden replied with a playful grin as Gabriel playfully batted her away.

"I don't doubt that for a minute." Gabriel chuckled as Eden playfully swatted him back.

Eden shivered as a sudden cold breeze began to blow. Which was quite unexpected, the weather report hadn't said anything about this.

"Are you cold?" Gabriel asked when he saw her shiver.

"It's alright, I'm fine. Just a little-" WHOOSH!

A snowy white wing enveloped her, warming her up within seconds. "Ooh so soft." Eden cooed as she rubbed her face against Gabriel's snow white feathers, which made Gabriel blush even more furiously.

"Feel better?"

Eden nodded, her voice muffled by her blanket of feathers. "Lots."

"Good." Gabriel jumped when a huge BANG was heard and a burst of color lit up the sky.

"The fireworks! I almost forgot!" Eden exclaimed as her face was illuminated by the burst of bright pink. "And we're so close! This is perfect!" She snuggled closer to Gabriel who was immediately fascinated by all of the colors that filled the star lit sky.

"So many colors.....none of this is even in the City of Heaven." Gabriel said to himself. It was just muted white everywhere you looked and walked.

But in just a short amount of time on Earth, he had seen so many beautiful colors. He glanced at Eden, whose blue serpentine eyes shimmered as the colors of the fireworks reflections danced in her gaze. Those blue eyes and her dark flame red curls were the most beautiful colors of all.

Gabriel leaned forward to plant a kiss on her cheek but Eden turned sharply and their lips met in a surprise kiss.

"Got ya." Eden smirked as the sky lit up with even more fireworks, as if they were celebrating the Archangel's very first carnival, glad that he had a wonderful day at the carnival with his girlfriend.

The End