ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴍʏ

Clink, clank. Clink, clank.

If it wasn't the obsessive banging that gave away where Sophia ended up, it was the smell.

Whatever she was laying on was about as comfortable as laying on a bed of rocks. Not to mention it was unusually warm and she wasn't a fan. It was a miracle she was able to get any sleep at all.

She propped herself up onto her elbows and rubbed away the sleepiness in her eyes with her knuckles.

The room she was in was mostly dark, the only light shining in from outside the archway off in the corner.

In the light, she could see a shadow hammering down onto metal, adding to the all the noise in the building. She scooted off the bed and tip-toed toward the figure in the light.

She peaked her head around the corner and her eyes widened at the sight. Heisenberg in a loose gray tank top showing off his toned biceps and broad shoulders. His salt n' pepper hair was pulled back into a small ponytail held together with a leather tie. Beads of sweat trailing down his body and they glisten in the light. She felt her cheeks heat up, and she's sure it wasn't the temperature of the room.

She dropped her eyes to the floor once she realized she was staring. To get over all the noise, she loudly cleared her throat to let him know she was in the room.

He was in the middle of swinging and her sudden act caused him to freeze mid-way. His head turns in her direction and she awkwardly waved at him, hoping her face was no longer flushed.

"You're awake," he stated and she nodded, feeling brave enough to walk toward him.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Just a little side project." He threw his tool off to the side and wiped away the grease on his hands with a rag before slinging it over his shoulder. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against the work bench, "How'd you sleep?" 

"Fine," Sophia answered with a nod of her head, "Thank you." 

"No problem," he replied and started to walk away, but Sophia went a little deeper. He acted sort of as her knight in shining armor and her issues with him aside, she appreciated it. "No, Karl, really...thank you." He stopped and turned his head slightly, letting Sophia know she had his attention, "If Miranda had found me before you did..." She didn't even want to think about it. Her abilities have never been pushed to that extent before, and she didn't want to find out what happened when they were. 

"I wanna show you something," Karl blurted out and completely looked over his shoulder waiting for her response.

Well, she had nothing better to be doing, so she nodded, "Okay." 

She followed him through his maze of a factory trying to figure out how big this place actually was. Her jaw slacked as they walked out onto a platform overlooking miles and miles of conveyers transporting of...bodies? Was this Heisenberg's army that he had mentioned to Sophia a couple days ago. It had to be. 

"I call them 'Soldats'," he said walking forward to the railing. "I've been experimenting with dead corpses and of course my machinery. It took some time, but I finally got it right." 

Sophia could gather by the tone in his voice that he was proud of his work and she wouldn't admit to him out loud, but she was impressed. With his Soldats and his Lycans, they could definitely take out Miranda. Granted, everything with the baby went according to Miranda's plan, whatever that was.