ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴇᴛ

"Mama?"

Sophia looked up from the book in her lap to the little brunette sitting on the floor with her dolls, "Yes, Clara."

"How did you and papa meet? Was it like in the stories you read to me?"

She chuckled through a small smile at her daughters innocence, "Not exactly." She took a bookmark and placed it in the spine before closing the book. It's been a very long time since Sophia thought about the first time she met Karl and the other lords, recalling that she wasn't overly fond of him. That was actually a huge understatement, "Your dad and I didn't exactly get along at first."

One side of her scrunched up in the cutest way, "What do you mean? You didn't love him?"

I frowned, and shook my head. How do you explain this to a child? "That sort of thing doesn't really happen instantly."

"It did for me."

Karl appeared from the hallway with a cocky smile on his lips. Clara whipped around to look at him, her face lighting up in response, "Really, papa?" 

Sophia sends him a pointed look that he ignores, and sits on the love seat across from the green-eyed girl bouncing on her knees in excitement. It's like she sensed a story coming, "Your mother was the most beautiful thing I'd ever laid eyes on." He averted his gaze to his wife, and she dropped her head to hide her suddenly flushed cheeks, "I knew the moment I saw her that I would do anything for her."

Clara looked up to her mother, her mind filling with more questions, "Why didn't you like papa if he loved you?"

Sophia sighed, her chest sinking, "Let me start at the beginning..."

This was it. Sophia was going to be meeting the four other lords Mother Miranda has been speaking to her about. She walked beside the blonde woman, her chin held high and her shoulders back just like she was taught. She couldn't mess this up or she could say goodbye to her place among them. After all that she sacrificed...selfishly sacrificed.

Double doors swung open and the pair strutted into large room, Sophias floor length white gown trailing behind her. Four mutants just like Sophia in their respectable places. Her strikingly unusual red eyes landed on each one carefully, saying their names in her head.

Tall woman with skin almost as pale as hers. Red lips, a cigarette in between her fingers, and a floppy black hat covering half her face. Alcina Dimitrescu.

Woman dressed in black from head to toe. A ornate doll sitting on her lap, its annoying giggles filling the room. Donna Beneviento.

Slime dripped off of this hunched over man. He wore a tattered brown cloth over his back and face. His hands limply lifted in front of his chest. Salvatore Moreau.

Lastly, tucked off in the corner, he was leaned against against the wall with a strangely large hammer next to him. Underneath a brown brimmed hat, his eyes were illuminated by the light coming off his cigar. He had a grin plastered on his face, it made Sophia's skin crawl. That had to be none other than Karl Heisenberg.

"Ladies and Lords," Miranda began, holding her arms out to the side. "Today, we welcome a new member to our "family.""