ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ

Sophia watched Ethan and Chris closely as they talked. Their harsh whispers were just a little too quiet for her to hear and eaves drop on what they were saying. Chris would send her a sharpened look every now and again as Ethan would point back to her. And Sophia would return the hardened expression with an eyebrow, challenging him. She wanted him to know that she wasn't afraid of him, or his friends who continued to aim their weapons at her and Karl. 

Chris snapped his head back to Ethan and directed his index finger to his chest as a few more words slipped out between gritted teeth. The two then joined back with the rest of them, Ethan going to stand by Mia and Chris stopping in front of his men. "Lower your weapons," he told his men while using his hand to signal them as well. 

He sauntered toward the couple, a scowl on his face, "I'm making the decision to trust you two." He then raised his pointer finger up, switching it between the two of them, "But if you pull anything and I mean anything...it's game over. You got that?"

Sophia had a few sarcastic remarks sitting on the tip of her tongue, but she wasn't dumb enough to say them. Instead, she maintained her gracefulness and politely dipped her head to the man, "I can assure you, Captain Redfield, you have nothing to worry about." Alright, maybe that was a bit too much, but she had an image to uphold. She was Lady of the Lycans after all. 

Chris scoffed, "Yeah, whatever." 

Sophia repressed an eye roll at the man's behavior, "Well, he seems like a nice guy.

He turned back around to face his men, "Let's head back to base...we don't have a lot time left." Briefly, he looked seriously over his shoulder, "You four...stay close." 

Through the forest they trekked to reach the teams, who Sophia learned call themselves the Hound Wolf Squad, base. Much to her frustration was a lot more difficult than it should have been since she was still wearing the dress Miranda had changed her into. 

"God damn this thing," she hissed as she tripped over it once again. Karl chuckled as he caught her for the fourth or fifth time and she glared at hime from the corner of her eye, "It's not funny." She gathered the front of the material and hiked it up a little bit in the front, "This is why I try to avoid stuff like this." 

Chris overheard Sophia's mild complaining and spoke roughly over his shoulder, "Not much farther now, just keep up." 

Karl growled loud enough for Sophias ears only, "I'm gonna kill that boulder punching asshole." 

A small amused smile found a way onto her lips listening to him get upset, though she was a little confused on where the term "boulder punching" came from, "Hold your horses, Heisendork...he's helping us, remember?" 

"He doesn't have to be a dick about it." 

Sophia snickered to herself and continued to follow the squad up the path to the very edge of the village. At the end, a tent was perched up and inside were monitors the showed all sorts of information. Information Sophia didn't understand at all, but it was still impressive enough for her to let out a breathy, "Wow."

The second the stepped inside, the team dispersed, going to their respectable areas to check things out, while Sophia and they rest of them stood around clueless. 

"Where's Miranda?" Chris demanded. 

"I don't know, Cap," one of them answered promptly. 

"Well, find her! We need to locate the Megamycete, and find Rose. Preferably before she begins the ceremony." 

The crimson eyed girl head popped up at the mention of the Megamycete and her next words resulted in all eyes on her, "I know where it is." 

Chris studied her for a moment, then approached her slowly, "You know where what is?" 

"The Megamycete." She grew slightly self-consciousness as she felt the pressure being put on her, "Miranda showed it to me."

"You could take me there?" Chris asked promptly, almost impatiently. 

She answered silently, simply nodding her head. 

Sophia watched the man form a plan in his head, his face going through many different stages of concentration. He spun around so that he was talking to everyone, "Alright, listen up!" Everyone gave him their undivided attention, "We got enough explosives to blow this place sky high. Me and you," he gestured himself and Sophia, "we'll go to the Megamycete and place the explosives." 

Karl immediately had something to say about that, "Like hell she will!"

Sophia placed her hand on his shoulder, "Karl, please." 

He shot his head down to her, anger all over his face, "Sophia--" 

"I don't need you to make my decisions for me," she told him, a firmness in her voice, "I can do it." She turned to Chris with determination, repeating herself, "I can do it." 

That earned some respect from the Captain and she noticed the corner of his mouth quirk up as he gave her a firm nod. And just as he was about to continue, the ground rumbled below their feet. It wasn't hard to guess what that meant. 

The ceremony has begun. 

Sophia met the fearful eyes or the parents next to her and Karl, and her heart ached for them, still feeling a bit guilty about the whole thing. 

"Chris, we don't have much time." Howls of the lycans traveled from the village and she became even more worried, "We really don't have much time." 

He continued frantically, "The rest of you, post up around the perimeter. Keep on eye on the situation from above."

"I want Miranda," Ethan says strongly, stepping forward, "I want to save my daughter, whatever it takes." 

"Ethan..." Mia started to protest softly, but he stopped her. 

"It's okay, Mia," he took her hand in his, and gazed at her tenderly before looking back to Chris. 

"Alright, Ethan...Miranda's yours, but I don't think you should take her on alone." 

"I'll go with him," Karl volunteered with a crooked grin forming on his face, "I've been waiting for this a long time." 

Chris bobbed his head as it all came together, "Okay, let's do this." 

A/N: Even more filler, yay! Don't worry y'all, action in the next one promise. Thank you for all your love and support on this story. It makes me so happy to see! <3