ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴇᴛ

"Stay—no stay here. Boy, no—stay." The young immortal exhaled frustratedly at the new lycan before her. It was a simple command, none of the others seemed to have trouble with it. He snaps and snarls at her, drool pooling from its razor-sharp teeth. At least he wasn't attacking.

She took a deep breath and relaxed her tensed muscles, extending her hands out in a calming manner, "Come now, I know you can do it. It's really not that hard." Taking cautious steps forward, she reached a steady hand to the top of his head. The creature flinched back at first, perhaps not expecting her to be so gentle.

"I do not wish to hurt you. I want to help you." Sophia runs her hand over the beast that was once a man. She often wondered if a part of them was trapped in there, pounding on the walls screaming to get out. That's how she felt some days. She thought it would start getting easier by now having been like this for almost a year now, but it hasn't.

The lycan gradually settled as Sophia continued to coax him. He covered his bared teeth and silenced his growls. Once he was comfortable, she closed the gap between them, engulfing his face in her hands, "Tell me, what is it that troubles you?"

The creatures head cocks to the side, sounds resembling whimpers leaving his throat. She laughs, "Yes, I can understand you. Just like how you can understand me. Now, what seems to be the problem?"

Sophia can the see animal thinking, then he barks and growls. Her brows furrow, and she clicks her tongue, "I see. I'm sorry they have treated you that way. I will be sure to have a discussion with them, I promise." He leans into her touch in appreciation, and the young woman smiles, "You're welcome."

Taking a few large steps back, she puts on a determined face, "Shall we try this again?" He nods, and he stares at him with red eyes, "Sit." The lycan reclines onto his back legs, "Good, now stay." Sophia turns around and begins walking, the heels of her boots thumping against the stone floor.

A proud smile graces her lips when she swivels back around and finds him exactly how he was before. She claps excitedly, and beckons him over, "Excellent job." She coos as he pets him and places a loving kiss at the top of his head, "I would say that is enough for today. Go on back with the others." The lycan gives her a weary look, "Do not worry, I'll be there shortly."

He nods in approval and pounces away into one of the many corridors of the stronghold. Once alone, Sophia sighs and sits back onto a barrel taking a drink of water. Her heart leaps in her chest at unexpected voice traveling from the shadows.

"They are so good with you. How do you do it?"

She rolls her eyes when the figure emerging from the darkness in none other than Heisenberg, "It is simple. I do not treat them like monsters."

"I do not treat them like monsters, yet they don't behave for me half as well as they do for you."

Sophia puts on a smug expression, "And that's why I am Lady of the Lycans and you are not, Karl."

He gives her a pointed look, "Be serious, Sophia."

The young woman sighs, "They can sense the way you feel about them. You may not show it, but you think it and they know that."

"So, what?" He narrows his eyes on her, "They're mind readers now?"

A small smile plays on her lips, and she asks herself how ignorant can he be?

"No. They are incredibly smart; you should treat them as such."

The older man grumbles words Sophia cannot make out as he lights a cigar. She quickly decides to change the subject, "Was there a reason you showed up here unannounced?"

Green eyes met hers momentarily before he started waving his hands around, as he does, "Do I need a reason?"

"You do if you would like to stay. I have many things to get done before our next meeting with Mother Miranda and I cannot have you in my way."

Heisenberg looks at her curiously, "What if I simply wanted to see you?"

Her heart thumped, "And why would you want that?"

He took slow steps toward her, eyes dark, "Why do you question it?"

Maintaining a hardened exterior, Sophia holds herself strongly, "I asked you first."

The corner of his mouth quirks up for a second, and he turns away from her, "You fascinate me, Sophia."

The white-haired girl arches a brow, "I fascinate you?" An unamused chuckle brushes past her lips, "I am not one of your experiments. Something for you to observe whenever you please. You cannot show up here and watch from afar without me knowing." Anger bubbled in her chest. To think how many days he may have done this before. It made her skin crawl.

He whipped around, confusion on his face, "Sophia, it isn't like that."

"But it is," she snaps back. "Please, just leave." He opens his mouth protest, but Sophia doesn't allow it, "Go, Heisenberg."

There was sadness, and perhaps a bit of embarrassment in his eyes as he gave her one last look before pivoting around back out the way he came. And Sophia carried on, pretending like nothing had ever happened. 

A/N: I had a request to do a little more on the beginnings of Heisenberg and Sophia, so here it is. And more lycan content, because I love how she bonds with them. I hope you liked it :) Also, I rewrote over an unpublished chapter incase you're wondering why it says you've already voted. 

🎉 You've finished reading ʟᴀᴅʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʟʏᴄᴀɴs : ᴋᴀʀʟ ʜᴇɪꜱᴇɴʙᴇʀɢ 🎉