BELATED REVENGE

Seven years later, The Pritz Hotel, Paris

Jungkook's POV

Jeon Jungkook was bored. It was like a heavy mantle was placed around his shoulders. A black cloud that spread outwards from his very depths, pervading everything. Hewas oblivious to the fact that he was surrounded by opulence. The opulence that came with being one of the wealthiest men in the world, in one of the world's most exclusive hotels. Hushed whispers encircled him. They'd surrounded him for years, but he'd never courted them, never needed any assurance.

So handsome... So young! The most successful magnate since Onassis... Even more money... Most eligible bachelor...

Now the constant murmurs that followed him whever he went only added to the ennui he felt. He'd achieved a pinnacle of success attained by just a very few, and only imagined by most. And it had been  hard won, which should make it all the more sweet. But was this it? How could he be feeling like this when everything he'd ever worked for lay at his fingertips, when he could snap those fingers and influence the world's economy with just a word, a command... And if this wasn't what he wanted, then what the hell was? A distant memory, an old faded dream, reared its head. That had long turned to dust.
A touch to his arm, not gentle. It was predatory, possessive and brought his attention back to the room. To the woman at his side. She was considered one of the most beautiful, desirable omegas in the world... and she was the latest in the long line of similar women who had graced his arm, his bed.

"Darling..."

He felt irritation prickle across his skin. Unfortunately, for the sake of politeness, he could not remain oblivious to her existence. He turned to face her and smiled tightly, taking in the platinum blonde of her hair that suddenly looked too garish, too bright. Took in the heavily made-up face, the hard, avaricious glitter in her eyes. The diamonds flashing around her neck. Diamonds that he had bought with scant regard to their worth. He made a split-second decision, suddenly very aware that he didn't find her attractive at all anymore. Had he ever? The alpha wondered puzzled.

Izobelle Zolanazi didn't know it yet, but she was on her way out. He felt relieved for the first time in weeks. The thrill of knowing he'd be free again already helped to diminish the crushing boredom. He didn't want to spend another minute with her. In fact, he decided there and then that they would leave, he'd take her home, break it off now. His suit felt constructive and he had to school his features into some semblance of neutrality.
Just as he was about to open his mouth and speak, to say some platitude, something flashed in the corner of his eye and he turned on a reflex to look. The room was packed, and in the doorway on the other side of the room stood a man. He'd obviously just arrived, craning his neck looking for someone, standing on tiptoe. For a split-second the noise in the room faded. He couldn't take his eyes of him. Goosebumps broke out on the alpha's skin. The hubbub rushed back. The male omega was utterly captivating. But in a way that he couldn't define, in a way that confounded him. Not model gorgeous. Not preened or buffe. But something... everything about him caught his attention irrevocably.