LOVE...?

Jimin's POV

"You sold your shares, didn't you?" questioned Jungkook.

How did he know that? Jimin wondered shaking his head warily.

"What I did or didn't do with my shares is none of your business, Jungkook. "

Jungkook shrugged like he didn't care much and Jimin felt impotent, wanted to walk around and slap the look of smug superiority off the alpha's handsome face. That face held all arrogance of his forebears.

"Perhaps, but the fact of the matter is that your uncle has come to me for help... for financial assistance, if you will." Jungkook revealed will taking a long sip of his whiskey.

Jimin sagged back against his chair. Oh, uncle, what have you done? His uncle had never been the brains behind the family business. That had been his father,  until... his mind slammed down on painful memories.

"Look, Jungkook, what do you want? Surely... surely this can't be about what happened all those years ago?"

"Why not, Jimin? Do you think that what you did was not bad after all? That time might have diminished it? You tried to seduce me and when it did go as you planned, you lashed out in spoilt pique. You singlehandedly stopped a marriage from taking place ----"

"But, Jungkook. " Jimin interrupted in a panic. Panic was making his insides liquefy. "Surely Jennie would have given you the benefit of the doubt, and let you explain? I'm sure you could convince her that it meant nothing, was nothing...." Jimin had to stop for a second when his heart clenched in remembered pain "... if she loved you..."

The omega's remark caught Jungkook on the raw, caught him in a place he'd shut off long ago.

"You're priceless. Love? It was never about love, Jimin, it was a business arrangement. A merger between two families. Needless to say the merger never happened as soon as they lost faith in my ability to do the job, which was lead both companies.  Thanks to your revealing little story to the paparazzi...." the rage rose up again.

Jimin was speechless. He'd always assumed that Jungkook had loved Jennie. And even though he hadn't leaked the kiss and tell story to the paparazzi, and had nothing to do with the damning photo, he'd always felt guilty for trying to seduce Jungkook when he'd only wanted to be friends.

His vulnerability and pathetic weakness first this alpha still made his blood boil. Jimin opened his mouth about to pro claim his innocence, and stopped. Aera. And it wasn't just Aera. Even if he told Jungkook, Jimin was still in his own way responsible for what happened , too.

He couldn't say a thing... angrily impotent at the way he was trapped, he put down his napkin and went to stand up but the alpha reached across the table and caught his hand.

The feel of his smooth warm skin, the frantic pulse beating like a trapped bird, called to Jungkook and his inner wolf, scrambling his brain for a second. He had to fight for control and remember what he was there to do.

"I'm not finished Jimin. In fact, we haven't even started.

Jimin pulled his hand away, uncaring if people were looking. "There's nothing starting here, Jungkook.  I'm leaving."

His voice was low, magnetic and lethal. "No. You're not. If you stand up, so help me, I will pick you up and carry you out of here over my shoulder. Don't think that I won't. So we can do this here and now, or we can cause a furore of interest, and give the paparazzi outside something to photograph while we're at it and do it back in my apartment. "

"Your choice."

Jimin was in the act of standing and sat down again slowly. He knew without a doubt that he did not want to be alone with the alpha and that Jungkook wouldn't hesitate to do exactly what he'd said.

~~~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~~~