A Truly Alpha Male

"I'm sorry?"

"You should be, Jiminshi. It's time to start atoning for what you did seven years ago. I bet you never thought it would catch up to you. I have to admit, I hadn't planned on doing anything, I was quite happy to settle for never crossing your path again, but bumping into you the other night, together with a slightly..." The alpha's mouth twisted as he looked for words.

"...Unfortunate set of circumstances that I'm in, has all been very fortuitous. "

A nightmare. He had to be stuck in some kind of nightmare. This couldn't be real Jimin's mind disengaged from everything. He looked around dumbly and could see couples dining. Lovers holding hands. Men having business dinners. They looked real. And then everything seemed to rush back into focus. Someone was calling his name.

"Here drink this." Jungkook was reaching across the table with dark amber liquid in a glass. His after dinner drink. Jimin shook his head violently and pushed the alpha's hand back, snatching back his little hand away abruptly when he felt the strong bones of the alpha's tatooed wrist.

Jungkook looked at him, his voice unbearably harsh. "What's wrong with you? "

Jimin shook his head, ignoring the alpha's question. "Why on earth do you want to marry me, Jungkook? " he waved a jerky little hand that still tingled from the contact with the alpha's. "Why would want to do that?"

Jungkook put down his glass, smiled grimly. "Don't worry, Jimin, I don't want to marry you. When my uncle Santino died, he left me his share of Jeon Shipping. It's the last piece not in my control."

Jimin looked at him blankly. Still in shock.

"It was expected. He'd always made it clear where his inheritance would go."

Jimin nodded vaguely, incapable of speech.

"But there was a surprise in his will. Santino had a sense of humour. He knew how I felt about marriage."

The alpha answered the look that Jimin hadn't even been aware of giving. Jungkook's face was carved from stone as he said the words, "I'll never willingly marry. The omega doesn't exist who I would marry."

A knife seemed to enter Jimin's heart, stunning him with pain and surprise. He felt himself pulling inwards as if to avoid a blow. Jungkook was oblivious to the havoc he was wreaking with the omega. The havoc Jimin himself couldn't even begin to understand. He had done this to the alpha?

Jungkook cut through his thoughts. "He made a condition of his will that I marry within six months of him dying or I won't receive his share of Jeon Shipping." His mouth twisted. "It's as if he knew it was the only way I might ever give in to his foolish romantic notions for me."

Jimin dumbly seized on words to try and avoid feeling the emotions swirling in his head and body. "But how could you lose everything? Surely his share isn't that big?"

"It's not, but he controlled a key part. As you know, on my father's death, I took full control of the business."

Jimin felt an unbidden surge of sympathy, remembering the chaos of that time. But the alpha wouldn't appreciate his concern or interest, certainly not his sympathy. And how could he even be feeling sympathetic?

"Santino's will states that if I don't marry within the time frame, his share will go to Mario Shipping."

Jimin gasped audibly. Mario Shipping was the mortal enemy. Even he knew that. Underhand deals, rumours of links to drug rings, and sex trafficking. They were the black sheep of the shipping world and the only conglomerate powerful enough to possibly take over Jeon Shipping. If what Jungkook said was true, and if he didn't marry, they would be handed an invitation on a silver platter to take a sizeable potshot at his company.