Sweet Revenge

Jimin shook his head desperately. "I won't do it. You can't make me." Please, he added silently. Jungkook had no idea how much of a punishment this would be.

"Too late. I've made up my mind. If you don't marry me, who would suffer most? I think possibly your uncle, as he has the most invested. Doesn't he also have three grown-up children at college in the States?"

"Stop it..." Fear and panic laced the omega's voice. "You're a bastard."

Jungkook inclined his head. "No, Jimin, I'm not." He lifted a hand ticked off long fingers. "I need to get married more or less immediately, you've fallen into my path like a ripe plum, you are available... and you've grown into a very attractive young omega."

"So that's it? You only want me now because I come up to your standards of physical perfection?"

Jungkook smiled and it didn't reach his eyes. "You're no image of physical perfection, Jiminshi, don't flatter yourself, but for some reason I find myself wanting you more than I've wanted any other omega in a long time... so I don't anticipate that there's going to be any hardships on our wedding night when you come to me..."

The alpha's insulting choice of words barely impinged his consciousness, he reacted purely to the alpha's assertion that he, Park Jimin, would ever choose willingly to sleep with him. "I'll never----"

"Yes. You will," the alpha cut in ruthlessly. "And I am going to enjoy every moment of this sweet revenge, every step of this sweet revenge, every step of the way, every piece of flesh that's going to be uncovered as you give yourself to me, as you offer yourself up as you did seven years ago. In the place of the marriage you made sure didn't happen, don't you think when I need a wife now that it's only fair that you step into that role?"

Jimin couldn't control the shiver that shook his frame at the alpha's words. And He knew it wasn't a shiver of fear. He hated this alpha. The alpha had him backed into a corner with no way out.

"How can I be sure you will deliver on the loan?"

Jungkook shrugged. "I could watch your family flounder. Heaven knows, I have the right. But contrary to what you think, Jimin, I'm not that cruel. On our wedding day when I get my convenient wife, you can consider the loan approved."

Jimin had an overwhelming urge to jump up and run as fast as he could, as far away as he could. But the alpha would find him if he did. He knew that without a doubt. The omega sank back against the chair, unable to sit straight in the face of the alpha's condemnation.

Jimin looked miserable. "I don't want them to be suffer, despite what you might think."

And suddenly Jimin had to do something, had to try and make the alpha listen. There had to be a human being in there somewhere. The old Jungkook. He appealed to him now, sitting up straight again.

"Jungkook---"

The alpha started to cut him off and he put up a little hand. "Please. Just let me say something." His eyes were an intense silver on his. "I never went to the paper with that story. I would never have had done something like that. You Knew me..." better than nearly anyone.

He said nothing and Jimin searched his brain frantically. "Why would I have done it, Jungkook? Why?"

There was unmistakable tension in the alpha's huge frame, just inches away from him. He shrugged dismissively. "Because you were just one more in a long line of people who thought they could cash in on the Jeon money." Except that was a myth by then!

"Did your father put you up to it, Jimin? See his ticket out of debt? Or did you just do it for the hell of it, to see if you could turn my head yourself? I told you that day I didn't go in for seventeen-year-olds." His mouth twisted mockingly. "But if you'd come to me as you are now..."

Jungkook flicked an openly appraising look up and down the omega's body. It should have disgusted the omega. It should have made him angry. But it didn't. It made the omega feel hot and bothered and confused and out of his depth.

But the alpha wasn't finished. "To tell the truth, seven years on I'm not interested in why..." The alpha shook his head. "You changed, Jimin. The boy I knew would never have tried to seduce me and get someone to photograph the evidence."

Jimin's insides stung with acute hurt and the humiliation rose up again so sharply he felt sick. To think that Jungkook would have believed that about him.

Jimin bit his lip hard and could taste the metallic taste of blood. As if the alpha's rejection hadn't hurt enough that night, he had to reiterate just how unwelcome his advances had been and how futile it was to try and get him to listen to anything, any explanation. "I'm sorry. I can't tell you how sorry I am."

"It's a bit late now." The alpha's words flayed him like a whip, cutting so deeply that he winced inwardly. "But really it wasn't like that. I didn't---"

"Give me a break." Derision and disbelief stamped the alpha's features, and his mouth a bitter slash. "There were three people there that night, you, me and whoever your loyal photographer was. Pity they were so amateur... but they got enough."

Jimin slumped back again, defeated and diminished by the alpha's derision and cruelty. And now that he knew what the alpha wanted, all avenues of escape were closed off. He couldn't assert his innocence any further, and he couldn't explain what had happened that night as that would involve someone who wouldn't be able to handle this much more dangerous Jungkook.

Aera had come up to Jimin at his parents' funeral, nearly hysterical with remorse and guilt. She'd told him everything... how she'd followed Jimin out to the patio, taken the pictures, hacked into his e-mail and sent in the story.

For one blissful moment, unaware of the alpha across the table, Jimin's mind was fixed on that awful day of such tragedy. The added pain when Aera had revealed the truth. Jimin had always had his suspicions but, still, to hear it explained... He had been shocked and angry. Dismayed, hurt. About to lash back, already filled with grief and now anger. But Aera's husband had stepped in. He'd explained everything, exactly why Aera had been acting so on edge. Which was the reason why Jimin couldn't defend himself now.

He'd discovered that his cousin had had a nervous breakdown and had been undergoing intense therapy after suffering numerous miscarriages. Jimin had seen the pain on Aera's husband's face. His fight had left him. It had only been after that incident and with the benefit of maturity and hindsight that Jimin could see just how Aera had also been captivated by Jungkook. And how strung and manipulative his cousin had always been. Especially with regards to Jungkook.

The man who sat opposite him now, looking so calm and so devastatingly at ease as he toyed with his life. The alpha had been on a mission ever since he'd seen him again. It was as if he'd awakened the sleeping dragon. And he had to take it, had no choice.

He didn't have to remind himself that, despite Aera's involvement, if he hadn't pursued Jungkook that night, there wouldn't have been an excuse for a story in the first place. He had no one to blame for this except for himself. No matter what the consequences had been, or how unwittingly he'd played a part. And now the alpha held the future of Park Shipping in his hands.

Jimin lifted dull eyes that were mute with an appeal he was unaware of. Weary beyond belief. "I have no choice, do I?"

The alpha answered slowly, "Of course you do, Jimin, we always have a choice. Yours is very simple. If you walk away now, your uncle will not receive one dollar from me, and as he's been turned down by every bank, and no other shipping company will touch him, he and, consequently, the family, will be ruined. If you agree to marry me, he'll be fine."

Some choice...

The omega asked the fateful question. "How long would we...?"

Jungkook shrugged one broad shoulder. "For as long as I want, Jiminshi. The day you start to bore me, the day I lose interest, is the day we'll divorce and you can consider this marriage over."