chapter 4.

Fushiguro's POV

Not gonna lie, I was pretty impressed by the brat. She made me fall to the ground so quickly, I didn't see that coming.

'Not bad at all, this could be fun.'

I usually don't even come to this shitty meetings, I don't want people to know who I am.

And they know that, still this time they requested my participation.

What a pain.

I can't wait to get this shit done, I want to go back home. Well, at least it will keep me away from my son for a while, I can't stand that brat neither.

Kami's POV

"That's it." Choso says moving his glare between us "You two will leave for Tokushima on May 10th."

"Fine." Fushiguro and I say at the same time.
"Are we going to take the train?" I ask to the men.

"No, we will rent you a car." Geto replies gently to me.

'This man is so kind, I want to hug him' this embarrassing thought flows in my head.

"I can't drive." I say, quite embarrassed of myself.

Fushiguro laughs again at me.

"I'm going to cut your throat." I speak to him without even looking at his face.

"I'd love to see you trying."

'Oh, hell no. Is this man trying me?'

I drop on of my hand from the table to the suspender on my thigh, gripping on the knife I keep under my skirt.

Gojo seems to notice that and with a soft laugh stops me saying "Let's all stay calm, we are here to work together."

I let go the handle of the knife making sure to snort loudly so that the four men can hear it.

Slowly turning towards Fushiguro I say "Old man, I could kill you without you even noticing."

"You do?" he mocks me, talking to me like you talk to a cocky child.

Okay, at this point I know this man is just trying to piss me off. I want this meeting to be over as soon a possible, so that I can go back home.

"If none of you has any question," Choso takes back the attention on himself "We can finish here."

"Yeah, fine for me" Fushiguro responds and starts leaving immediately.

"Old man, be respectful and say goodbye to the people in this room." I mock him using a mom-like tone.

He doesn't reply and gets out of the room.

"Thank you for having me. I wish you all a good day." I say, getting up and slightly bowing towards the men that will pay me. I'm a cocky murderer, but my family taught me that I always need to be respectful in my job.

Choso and Gojo get up and bow towards me too, showing me respect as I did to them.

Geto offers me his hand to help me get up from my chair, "What a gentleman." I smile towards him, taking his hand.

As he did at the beginning, Geto walks me to the door and opens it for me.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Kami-san. Be safe during your way back home." he says with the gentle tone he never abandoned during our whole conversation.

"It was a pleasure for me too. And, thank you." I reply walking out the building. The door immediately closes behind my back.

"What are you doing now?" Fushiguro's low voice surprises me, alarming me since I wasn't expecting to hear it.

"You scared me, old man." I look towards him with a hand on my chest.

"I want to see what you can do." he says, completely ignoring what I just said him.

"I don't need to demonstrate you anything." I speak to him "Plus, I'm hungry, so I'm going to get some food now."

I start walking away but I can hear his footsteps behind me, "Can I help you, old man?"

"Stop calling me that, brat."

"Stop calling me brat, then."

"You're a brat."

"And you're a old man." I scoff him, seeing him getting irritated.

"I'm not that old, I'm the same age as your mother would be."

I immediately stop walking.

"Did you know my mother?"

"Yeah, we were apprentices of the same sensei," he looks at me "she was a impressive slayer, wasn't she?"

"Yeah, I guess." I look at my shoes "I'm better though." I shake my shoulders and start walking again.

"You look pretty confident, brat."

"I am, old man."

He stops me grabbing my wrist, "I want to know more about you, brat. Let me treat you to a meal."

"What? Are you trying to ask me a date, old man?" I confusingly ask him.

"Stop calling me that," he grins at me "And no, I already have a child I don't need another one."

"Stop talking to me like that, old man. I'm not a child, I've killed more than seventy people."
I fiercely growl at him.

"Seventy people, uh? That's all?" he laughs at me "I stopped counting when I was 23."

I was aware that he killed a lot of people, way more than me, but did he really stopped counting them? Impressive.

"Really? Fine, let's go eat something."

He cockily smiles to me before letting go my wrist.

"Are you impressed, now? Do you perhaps want a date now?"

"Daddy, chill." I mock him "You could literally be my dad." I laugh right in his face.

He laughs too, "Yes." he looks at me with a strange expression on his face "That's the point."