chapter 5.

We started walking looking for a place to have breakfast.

Fushiguro didn't say a thing during the whole walk, 'didn't he say he wanted to know more about me?'

I look to my left and see a small cafeteria with a cute glass door,

"Let's go there." I say heading towards the the small shop. Fushiguro doesn't reply, he just follows me.

As soon as we enter a short old woman greets us with one of the sweetest smile I ever saw, "Good morning my dear," she says to us "choose the table to sit as you prefer, I'll be back soon to take your orders".

We sit in a small table near the window, one in front of the other, starting to check the menu that's already on the table.

"Are you ready to order, dear?" the old lady approaches us as she said earlier.

"I'll get the egg toast and a orange iced tea." I politely reply to the kind granny. "Blueberry pancakes for me, and a latte." Fushiguro tells the lady without even watching her. She leaves with our orders.

"I didn't picture you as a sweets lover, Fushiguro." I try to start a conversation with him.

"Call me Toji." he looks at me and, with a smirk, he adds "And yeah, I have a sweet tooth."

"Okay, Toji." I emphasise his name, "What do you wanted to ask me?"

"Tell me about your life."

'What the fuck? Does he think he is my therapist or something?' I think while confusingly staring at him.

"What?" I say, not really knowing how to reply to his last words.

"You heard me, brat."

"Yeah, I did. But I'm not going to tell the story of my life to a random old killler." I cockily say to him, paying attention to keep my voice tone low.

"I already told you that I'm not old, brat. Don't force me to punish you." he smirks again to me.

'Is he flirting with me?' I think 'No way, that's only in my dirty mind. Maybe he really thinks of me like a child...'

"I'm waiting." his voice forces me out of my thoughts.

"Be more specific Toji, I don't know where to start."

"Do you study?"

"No."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty."

"Where do you live?"

"Kofu, in the Yamanashi prefecture."

"Cool."

"That's all you wanted to know, Toji?" I ask him tilting my head to the left.

"When did you start?"

"When I was five."

"And you only killed seventy people? Are you sure you're as strong as you say?" he mocks me again.

"Are you trying to test me, Fushiguro?" I turn my head to the window, watching him from the side of my eye.

Before he can answer the old lady comes back with our orders. "Enjoy your meal!" she smiles to us.

"What if I do?" he looks at me while taking a bite of his pancakes.

"I could cut your throat in this moment." I reply, handling the not so sharp knife on the table.

He doesn't say anything, just takes another bite with a soft smile on his lips.

"Do you have a boyfriend? I think you would get along with my son" he looks at me "He is disrespectful and cocky, just like you." he sips on his latte.

"I do, so sorry for mini Fushiguro." I swirl the straw of my tea.

He looks surprised by what I just said, "Really? And does he know what his girl does to make money?" he asks.

"No, he thinks that I'm a regular girl from a rich family."

He laughs at me.

"How can he believes it when yours are the eyes of a cold blooded beast."

"No need to flatter me like that, Toji." I smirk at him while finishing my toast.

I can't tell if he is nice or not, he's so moody.

"Now, tell me something about you." I look at him holding my chin with my hands.

He arches his back on the chair, putting his hands behind is neck.

"I don't go around talking about my life, that's dangerous."

'What the fuck?'

"But I guess I'll make an exception for you, brat."