Balcony

Later that night, Jose still couldn't keep Jessica out of his mind, so he got dressed in dark clothes and sneaked out to Jessica's house.

He climbed a tree and saw Jessica out on the balcony, dressed in a beautiful white nightgown, watching the stars and thinking about Jose

He gazed upon her beauty.

He felt his heart beating.

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Jessica is the sun. Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon." Jose said to himself.

"Oh Jose." She said.

"Oh speak again, my angel. Please don't torture me so." He said, gazing upon the Texas beauty.

"Why must people believe we are from different worlds? Even if we were, what difference would it make? I never met anyone like you. Even if our meeting was short, I felt a spark. A connection between us. Even if it won't be today, maybe not tomorrow, but I know one day, we will be together as one." She said.

He moved in closer, but suddenly, slipped out of the tree.

He then quickly grabbed onto the ledge of the balcony.

"Jose!" She cried and ran over, helping him up onto the balcony with her.

"Thank you, meu doce." He said, straightening his vest.

"Tell me, how did you get up here?" She said.

"I flew up this tree with the wings of love which you have possessed me with. No obstacle will keep me from seeing you." He said, taking her hand.

"How sweet, but how did you find me?" She asked.

"Love showed me the way, the same thing that made me look for you in the first place. Love told me what to do, and I let love borrow my eyes. I'm not a sailor, but if you were across the farthest sea, I would risk everything to gain you." He said.

"You're making me blush." She said, blushing like crazy.

"Well, I have my ways. I just had to see you again. I'm sorry for the commotion I caused between you and your father." He said.

"It's not your fault. My father just believes that status is everything. He never cared for my happiness. He never even understands that I only care about what is in a person's heart rather than their image." She said.

"I see. Well, I'm sure he loves you very much. He only wants what is best for you." He said, trying to comfort her.

"Maybe, but I just wish he could understand. Also, I feel I have what's best for me." She said, looking into Jose's eyes and holding his hands.

Jose smiled and held her hands in his, admiring her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Jose, do you really love me? Oh tell me you do." She said.

"My beauty, I swear by the sacred moon above, the moon that paints the tops of fruit trees with silver that I love you and you alone. Tell me that you love me, Jessica. Please tell me." He said.

She smiled. 

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love for you as deep. The more I give to you, The more I have, for both are infinite. I promise to love you and you alone." She said to him.

He took her in his arms and hugged her. 

"Meu amor, minha beleza, meu anjo. I can't spend a day without seeing your face." Jose said. 

He raise his hand to her cheek. 

"Will you grant me one wish, my love?" He asked.

"Anything." She said.

"Give me the chance to kiss your lips." He said.

He leaned in and kissed her.

She kissed him back.

Little did they know, they were being watched.