Cat and Mouse

Audrey's POV

"Come in," I state with my eyes still closed, mind still in a light meditative trance. I sense Obi-wan walk in.

"Am I interrupting you?" He asks.

I open my eyes, glaring at him. He knew that I hated it when I had to come out of meditation when I hadn't finished, "It's fine." I lean back, relaxed, "What's up?"

"I'm going to Master Yoda to put in a padawan request." He explains, "And you are due to meet Anakin in the main hanger soon."

I sigh, "Okay, okay. I'll get going. I don't expect he's going to be on time anyways."

Obi-wan smiles, "I know. That is why I'm asking you to come with me to Master Yoda."

I frown at him, "First of all, even if I wanted a padawan, which I don't, Master Windu would say no. I've only been a full Jedi Knight for a few weeks he would say that I don't have enough 'responsibility'. I mean, have you seen Anakin?!"

Obi-wan rolls his eyes, "I get it, I get it. I wasn't going to make you get a padawan anyways. I want you to come so you can help me convince Master Yoda to give Anakin a padawan."

I grin. "I'm in."

We walk through the quiet halls of the Jedi Temple together. Master Yoda was in the communications room. He was talking to Master Windu's hologram shape.

Obi-wan coughs to get his attention.

Master Yoda looks up, smiling. He nods to Master Winud who folds his arms impatiently.

"I hope we're not interrupting anything..." Obi-wan says.

Master Yoda shakes his head, "Not at all, Master Kenobi."

Obi-wan nods, "In that case, let's get down to business. I'd like to put in a padawan request. For me and Anakin."

Master Windu frowns, "Are you sure that is wise?" He states questionably.

I step forward, "With respect, Master, I think a padawan would keep Anakin's head out of the clouds and closer to us. It also gives him something to do other than brag about victories." And from visiting Padme too often. I add silently to myself.

Master Yoda nods, "Valid points these are young Skywalker. Ask may I if padawan, you would like."

Master Windu interprets before I can say anything, "Master, she has only been a full Jedi Knight for a few weeks." He pauses, glancing at me almost amused, "Besides, I do not think she would like a padawan just yet."

"Or ever," I add under my breath.

Master Yoda nods," consider a padawan for your twin, I will." He tells me.

Obi-wan nods, "Then we'd best be on our way."

We both bow respectfully to the Masters and walk out. Suddenly, my com beeps, "Audrey, where are you?! Get to the main hanger now!!" Anakin yells.

I roll my eyes, "I doing great, thanks." I respond, "Calm down, I'll be there in a sec."

I glance at Obi-wan, "I should probably hurry."

He smiles, "May the Force be with you." 

I begin running down the hall, "And keep your brother out of trouble!" He yells after me.

I respond with, "I'll try, but no promises!"

I reach the hanger in a matter of seconds, and I pant as I quickly hop onto the Jedi Cruiser. "I'm here." I pant, "So what's the rush anyway?"