CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

𝟭𝟳 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻( TOGETHER )

.𝟭𝟳 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
( TOGETHER )

VIOLET felt someone shaking her awake and she quickly sat up. "come on." mitch said, quickly walking out of her room. violet peaked out of her room, seeing everyone setting up equipment. she snuck out of the room, catching up to mitch. he was already at the car, opening the door for her. she furrowed her eyebrows but sat down. confusion was evident on her face, "i'll explain on the way." he shut the door and got on the drivers side.

he put the car in drive and sped out of the drive way. "explain." violet said, rubbing her tired eyes. mitch kept his eyes on the steering wheel. violet watched him, waiting for an answer.

"hurley needs our help, this mission is much bigger than we thought. whoever that ghost guy is, has a nuke." mitch said and violet sighed. "let me guess, we are supposed to be on a plane back home right now?" violet smirked and mitch looked at her for a second.

"how'd you know?" he was the confused one now. "irene always tells me to 'go home' when they don't need me on missions anymore. have i every listened? no. that's probably why she didn't wake me up when she got there." mitch smiled a bit, grabbing violets hand.

she flinched, surprised by the gesture of affection. "uh sorry." she felt flustered but squeezed his hand. she instantly felt bad, trying to read mitch's facial expression. he looked at her, "it's okay." he said, squeezing her hand back.

violet tried to remember the last time someone held her hand. she couldn't recall the last time. she suddenly felt sick thinking about having to let go of his hand. she didn't want to but knew it was inevitable so she soaked up the moment, leaning her head back and closing her eyes.

suddenly mitch removed his hand and violet opened her eyes. mitch had his hand on her shoulder, his arm stretched out to protect her. they slammed into the car in front of them. violet lurched forward instantly slamming back into the seat. she groaned and turned to find mitch.

he was gone.

she looked out the cracked window, seeing mitch fighting with the other driver.

violet jumped out, more confused than ever. "mitch!" she yelled, her blood boiling. something more was going on and she didn't have a clue. he ignored her, sitting in the car.

she went to the passenger window and saw mitch helping annika. "what the hell is going on?" she said, watching the two talk. violet tuned in, "your handler, ashani, was killed. hurley was with him.. something happened, i'm going after him." mitch looked between the two girls. "i need your help." he said to both of them and violet rolled her eyes. he handed annika's phone back to her and violet stormed over to the drivers side door, swinging it open.

she grabbed mitch by the shirt, pulling him out of the car. "you should of told me this earlier, are you crazy?" she began to panic. mitch grabbed her face, "you are starting to freak out, i knew this would happen. hurley will be okay violet. we are going to find him." mitch rubbed her cheek.

violet nodded, "we gotta go." mitch said, grabbing a gun off the ground.

the group walked around the streets, annika filled them in on how to find hurley. they were looking for a guy named behruz— he would lead them to hurley. violet tried not to think about the terrible things hurley could be experiencing while they were looking for him. she didn't want to panic, she wanted to be focused.

before violet could keep thinking of the current tragedy, mitch jumped in front of a car. violet stopped and watched him hit the ground. "mitch!" annika cried and violet rolled her eyes. "are you kidding me?" violet said as people began to stop and watch in the street. she quickly helped him up. the man that was driving the car got out and began walking towards the group. "sorry" violet frowned, shoving the man to the ground.

the three flooded into the car and mitch took off. they traveled across the city and annika told mitch where to drive. violet let out a breath as the car served around traffic.

they quickly arrived at their destination and violet looked around. as they slowed to a stop annika spoke up, "dead zone.. we're not getting any signals here." mitch let out a sigh and violet looked around. her eyes caught two men walking into an under ground tunnel, "there." she pointed. "good" mitch said, stepping out of the car.

violet followed him, staying by his side. before they entered the tunnel violet stopped. she usually never got like this, she's never had to have something to lose. before the program, she had no one. the one person she had was gone. now she has two people, hurley and mitch. it hit her like a truck and she stared ahead.

"give us a moment annika." mitch said and annika went further into the tunnel. mitch slowly walked up to her, grabbing her hands. "violet?" he asked softly, watching her eyes meet his. "what's wrong?" he asked again. "mitch i... i don't know if i can do this." she shook her head, then she felt embarrassed. she was never like this. she was always ready for a mission, no matter what the circumstances were.

"yes, you can. we can do it... together." the words came out funny because he didn't think he'd ever say anything like that ever again. mitch didn't realize how deep he was, his feelings were turned back into mush. he was suddenly nervous. "violet it's going to be okay. ill be right here the whole time." he assured her and violet reached her hand up to his cheek. she bit her lip, "i don't want anything to happen to you. i swear mitch." she rubbed his cheek like he did to hers.

mitch nodded, "okay, but same for you, it's only fair." he said and violet let out a small smile. "oh like jumping in front of a car? yeah i think i'll be alright." she laughed and mitch smiled a bit. to him, smiling was a big deal, he hadn't felt the need to smile for awhile. "okay ultra violet, come on." he shook his head, pulling her head towards his lips. he kissed her forehead, holding his hand in her hair.

he ran his fingers through it, feeling the soft strands.

once he pulled away, he grabbed her hand and led her into the tunnel. she followed close, making sure to watch ahead and to watch mitch. it terrified her— the only thought running through her head was making it out and mitch and hurley not making it.

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

ꕥ    ꕥ    ꕥ