CHAPTER ELEVEN.

VIOLET shot the target down with ease, quickly reloading her gun. "nice shot" mitch said, leaning against the doorway. she didn't bother to turn around and look, she gritted her teeth and fired again. she felt mitch standing closer to her— she turned around setting her gun down, pulling his arm, forcing him to be inches from her face. before he could do anything she spun around, leaning her body down. she shot her foot out, colliding it to his chest. mitch flew backwards, hitting the wall. he let out a groan. "stay away from me" she spat, turning back towards her gun.

"yeah well i cant do that" he said, standing up. he dusted his shirt off. "hurley sent me to get you.. it's time to go. so if you don't mind stopping your hissy fit right now, we can actually get business done" mitch walked out of the room in an instant. violet slammed her gun into its holster. she was furious and she didn't even know why. sure, being jealous was a feeling violet hadn't felt in a long time but why would it make her this angry. her blood was boiling.

violet sat next to mitch, stuffing bread into her mouth. the awkwardness was evident as mitch sipped his coffee. violet leaned back, observing the street. annika kept having conversations with a man next to her but violet paid no mind. she knew turkish but not as well as annika. she kept eating her bread and watched the street. "he thinks we're married" annika said, smirking at mitch. violet rolled her eyes and stuffed more bread in her mouth. mitch didn't say anything, just kept staring at where violet was staring. "don't think to much" annika began again, talking to both mitch and violet now. "you'll lose your nerve"

violet ignored her, she honestly strongly disliked annika already. she got weird vibes from her and she didn't know why. she knew it was best if she didn't converse with her in any way. "no i don't think so.." mitch said quietly. violet noticed she finished her bread and she sighed. "it'll be your first time." annika was only focused on mitch now. violet shook her head, still staring straight ahead. "yeah not in my mind." mitch said dryly. violet took notice that he had no interest in the conversation with annika. she pushed it into the back of her mind immediately.

soldiers began arriving, getting out of there trucks. violet watched carefully, eyeing each one of the men. as quickly as they arrived they began leaving. soldiers rounded into the trucks again. violet began to get giddy, bouncing her leg up and down. sirens wailed at they drove off, "lead you're a go, survey two get in place." hurley said in their ear piece. violet stood up gently, pushing her chair out. mitch copied her actions, "be careful in there" annika suddenly said. "i got it" violet and mitch said at the same time. violet rolled her eyes before walking off with mitch in tow.

violet entered the restaurant and kept her head up. chatter and music was playing as she slowly walked around. she found an empty table and took a seat. mitch followed her actions, sitting next to her. violet watched as victor began to approach a man. he walked calmly and as he approached then he suddenly stumbled. mitch stood up immediately as victor crashed to the floor. violet got up quickly next— the screaming began before the gun shots. mitch ran and violet flew to the ground. a body fell in front of her and she widened her eyes.

she stood up quickly, crouching down. she slowly began to travel her feet, swiftly going around tables. she searched for mitch, trying to see past the body's dropping to the floor. the sound of glass made violet duck again. she retorted to crawling on the ground. gun fire stopped when she spotted victors body. she got to her feet and ran to him, checking his pulse. she looked around and mitch made his way to her. "thank god" she breathed out, putting her hand to victors neck to check a pulse again. "targets gone, targets gone" mitch breathed heavily as he spoke into his ear piece. violet saw the stab wound on victors stomach. "lead?" hurley asked and violet gritted her teeth. "dead" she said clearly.

"mission terminated, exfil to secure location. confirm." hurley said and violet turned to look at mitch. he was staring at something violet couldn't see. his gun raised and ready. "survey two, you better let me hear you fucking confirm." hurley pressed, waiting for one of the two to confirm. mitch suddenly ran outside, leaving violet alone. "shit" she said and ran after him. she felt her heart speed up and she loved it. her favorite part of jobs was the feeling of acceleration.

mitch had his gun pointed to a car that sped away. before she could stop by his side he began to run again. "drive! drive!" mitch yelled in turkish, pointing his gun to a mans head. he jumped in the car and violet ran to the other side. she swung open the door and took a seat next to mitch. the car took off with mitch holding his gun to the head of the driver. the driver began to talk in turkish and mitch looked at violet for help. she let out a breathe, "he says he's just the assistant" mitch turned away from her, gun still pointed to the drivers head.

they followed the boss and mitch never put his gun down. "we are going to get killed by hurley so thanks for that" violet shook her head. "yeah well i didn't ask for you to come" mitch said, keeping his eyes ahead. "i couldn't leave my partner behind." she muttered, watching the cars infront of her. mitch stayed silent the rest of the way. the car swerved through traffic. it felt like they were in the car for hours till they reached a large hotel building.

ꕥ    ꕥ   ꕥ