CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

𝟭𝟴 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

.𝟭𝟴 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.
( YOU'RE OKAY )

"NO mitch i'm not leaving you!" violet whisper-yelled. she and annika had made it through the tight squeeze but mitch could not. violet cursed the fence for keeping her only source of sanity and comfort away from here. he silently handed her the gun. "go..." he whispered and violet took a deep breath.

she knew this was the only way.

hurley was waiting and the faster they went to find him the faster mitch would be back by her side. violet looked at annika and nodded. this was the last person she wanted to be with but she knew it could be worse. or maybe this was rock bottom?

violets feet began moving as mitch walked the opposite way. she refused to say anything in the dark tunnel. she wasn't afraid of who she would encounter but she was afraid of losing the two people she cared about most.

violet raised the gun out in front of her protectively. annika was in front of her and she tried to signal for her to get behind. violet was the one with the weapon after all.

to be fair, annika probably didn't know how a proper mission worked, or maybe she did and she was ignoring violets protection.

annika suddenly stopped and motioned violet to look around the corner. she slowly walked closer to see what annika saw.

four men.

they were all huddled together, talking. the room had light so violet could make out their faces. the only one she recognized was ghost's.

suddenly violet gave annika the gun without looking. she was about to walk forward when annika stopped her. she shook her head violently and violet nodded in approval. she knew this is where hurley was. she couldn't sit and wait any longer.

it was itching her to save him from the torture he probably has endured. annika seemed frightened and that made violet soften a bit.

before she could send anymore signals, a grunt broke the silence. violet froze, her back hitting the wall. violet signaled annika to go look first because she had the gun now.

it was to late to get it back and it was proven that annika didn't want to harm violet. no, she didn't completely trust her but she had no time to think or trust. time was at stake and she couldn't even stop and think for a second.

violet followed annika and once she saw the man on the floor she looked at annika. he was the man they were following earlier.