CHAPTER FOUR.

𝟢𝟦 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿( YOU ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS )

.𝟢𝟦 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
( YOU ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS )

VIOLET showered and headed to her bed. everyone else was sound asleep. on nights like these she likes to sneak off to the training center. a big warehouse full of stuff to train with. everyone usually is in their during the day, she found it best to go at night. time to herself and her thoughts. sounds of snoring signaled her to move and head that way. violet made her way to the center in the dead of night. her boots scuffing the ground was the only noise, besides the crickets.

she swung open the door to the training center and quickly shut it. she turned on the lights. the loud buzzing noise flooded her ears. once all the lights turned on it tuned down. she didn't have to think twice about what she was going to start with. violets most strongest skill lies with bows and arrows. she used to hunt with her father before the incident. she blocked out the memories before they could flood in.

picking up the bow and arrows she made her way towards the target spot. human bull's-eyes taller than her is what she aimed at. violets body went into action. her arrows flying towards each target effortlessly. once she hit the head and chest of one target she spun around aiming for the next. after rolling on the ground, she stood up, walking closer with an arrow loaded, hitting the target in the eye. she then quickly reloaded and fired as fast as she could to each small target.

once she finished she heard the door to the training center open. she turned on her heel with an arrow pointed at the intruder. before she fired the man held up his hands. "woah, easy there." he said gruffly. violet squinted her eyes, mitch rapp was the intruder. she kept her position, still aiming at his figure. he just stood there with his hands up. she quickly turned around and shot the arrow at the last target, hitting a perfect bulls-eye.

she turned back to him and breathed out. he was in shorts and a t shirt. violet remember he was sleeping, or he at least looked like he was. "thought i was the only one awake." she said quietly. she headed towards the targets to retrieve her arrows. she could feel his stare on the back of her neck. "yeah well i'm a light sleeper." he said. she plucked the arrow off a human targets head. "you got good aim." mitch said. she ignored his compliment.

she wasn't a talker, she only ever talked to hurley. violet turned around and saw him staring at the other bows. the awkward tension was definitely felt. once she finally retrieved all of her arrows she loaded them in their carrier on her back. she walked back up to the starting position. mitch went towards the gun shelf, picked one he liked. "we can't shoot guns this late." she said. she walked over to the panel that moves the targets.

one thing she liked was this place was it was high tech. she kept her back facing the targets, hearing them move. once they came to a stop she quickly loaded an arrow and turned around. she fired at the first target she saw, hitting the dummy in the head. the sharp slices bounced off the wall. she almost forgot mitch was there. he was surely staring though. once she finished she breathed out a long breath. a habit she had, once she was done with each fight she lets out a calming breathe.

"you done staring?" she said and mitch shrugged his shoulders. she ignored him and went to get her arrows. "you're good." he said. violet nodded slightly, ripping an arrow out of a target. "don't like compliments huh?" he asked. violet turned to him, "you ask a lot of questions." mitch walked towards the bows again, taking one for himself. violet collected the rest of her arrows and moved out of the way. mitch attempted to hit one of the targets but instead the arrow flew up into the air. violet quickly crouched down. "damn hold on there." she said and made her way towards him.

he definitely didn't know what he was doing. violet definitely didn't feel like getting shot with one of those arrows tonight. "first thing you need to do is make sure you know where your shooting your arrow." she loaded one and stood right next to him. he studied her as she lifted the bow up and looking at a target. "then you want to steady the bow up like this. once it's steady and you know where you want the arrow to go, aim. you can squint if you need too." violet said. she didn't squint because she didn't need to. she's been doing this since she could remember. "then you're going to pull back, grip the bow hard because your gonna want to shoot the arrow hard and the bow can fly back with too much force. then... shoot." the arrow made a loud swoosh noise as it flew through the air.

she hit the target right in the middle. mitch turned to her, watching her take off the bag of arrows on her back and setting them down. she put the bow next to it and started walking towards the door. he watched her walk out and once he heard the door slam he tried to follow her instructions. violet walked back to her bunker. she shook her head and let out a small laugh. the image of mitches arrow flying through the air made giggle.

once the bunker was in view she quieted down and opened the door. she tip toed to her bed and got under the covers. she didn't realize how tired she was till her eyes felt heavy and she fell into a deep sleep. that was until the sound of gun shots woke her up.

ꕥ    ꕥ    ꕥ