Chapter Nine.

~Four Days Later.~Dabi's Pov.~

I awoke to another day, laying in Izuku's, the love of my life's, bed. However, today was different as the pain was a lot less than usual. I twisted uncomfortably, trying to look to see what time it was to know if Izuku had already left for school. 7:30, he should still be home.

Slowly, and with a lot of difficulties, I lifted my body off the bed, placing my bare feet onto the cold wood-paneled floor, hissing slightly at the jolting of my stitches that was done by worried hands. But before I could stand up properly I felt those same hands trying to push me back into bed, fearing that I would somehow re-injure myself.

'God I love him, but he's acting like my mum... wait, he would be a good mother, don't think about that now! God, I'm an idiot.' Grabbing his hands as softly as I could, I pushed them away, standing up and looking down, only to realize that I'm much taller compared to him than I used to be. "I'm fine Izuku, stop worrying so much. Don't you have to start getting ready for school?" I redirected his attention, hoping that he will allow me to do more than just lay around all day, terribly bored. "Hmm?" He asked, seemingly confused with my question before something quickly clicked in his head. "No, I don't go to school on Fridays as the café is open earlier than usual. However, if you're feeling better you can help me out there as it is just me until 3:30." He told me, a soft smile enticing me to take the offer. Either he has had lessons in manipulating or my gay heart is dying from cuteness.

"I'm telling you now, that I only know how to make coffee." I joked, although being completely honest. He let out a cute giggle, making my heart do a cartwheel. Taking my hand and leading me downstairs into the kitchen of the café, he told me "Don't panic, I can teach you." Truthfully that was the first time I smiled a proper smile since the incident.

'How does he make me even gayer every time that I meet him?' I mentally question my sanity for a while, until I realize that we had stopped walking and were just staring at each other like complete weirdos. I really want to kiss him, he did say that he loved me a few days ago. No, he didn't say he loved me, he said that he loved Touya which is me but he doesn't know that. To him, I am Dabi, a strange vigilante that he took care of when he found them injured inside an alley-way. Plus, even if he did realize I was Touya, I wouldn't want to torture him by having to be with a burnt chicken nugget as a partner, the amount of hate he would receive would be extraordinary and it seems as if though he has just put his life in order.

After gazing into the eyes of each other for an extremely long but comfortable period of time, I faked clearing my throat, which seemingly pulled him and I both out of our trance.

"Anyways... I need to start preparing to open shop, you can help where you want." Izuku shuffled around awkwardly from staring at me too long. Cute. He began to make a variety of different pastries and cakes that created a lovely sweet aroma for anyone who came in but for right now I felt as if he was just creating it for me. Smoothly, we worked side by side as I cleaned up after him as he would do all the baking. I was able to accomplish setting up the coffee machines without his assistance however, that was due to me having one at my old home. Once finished, we had an arrangement of foods in the glass display at the front and spare in the back, refrigerated with time to kill as it was only 8:40.

'This could be my chance to see what he has been up to since I left.'I thought, turning to look at him to see that he was doing the exact same thing. Sweeping me up into the beautiful garden that was his eyes, reminding me of the spot that we had first met and continued to make ours as we would go there every day for years. I really miss that place.

"Izuku?" I asked, gaining a sweet, lullaby-like hum from him, swaying me to continue with my question. "We should use this time to get to know each other better?" I stated cautiously as we technically do know each other already, but he doesn't know that. "You are probably right. Why don't we play twenty questions?" He asked, seemingly having accumulated a nice amount of confidence since I left.