Chapter 4: Saving the Saviour

It was 6 a.m. when Salazar woke up. Today he would begin to observe Harry for an opportunity to get him out of that abusive household. So he had to get up early to not miss any opportunity, should it arise, to extract the boy. He hurried to take a bath and get dressed, after which he went downstairs to the kitchen to get a quick breakfast.

Entering the kitchen, he saw James and Blinky working eagerly. James preparing some tea, and Blinky making breakfast. Therefore Salazar decided to quietly sit down and wait for them to finish so he wouldn't get in their way. A few minutes later, he was served his breakfast. James sat down opposite him with his own. It was pretty informal, but they had performed this morning routine for years now. It was easier to exchange information about the day's schedule that way.

"So, what do you plan to do now that everything is in place?" James asked.

"Once I'm finished eating, I plan to drive back to that house and observe it to find an opportunity to talk to Harry undisturbed. Although I fear it may take a few days before such an opportunity could possibly occur. Meanwhile, I want you to go to the mundane shopping centre to get some boy's clothes. You can look into my memories for his general size, and if they're a bit too large, it will be no problem because we can simply resize them later on."

James nodded, using careful Legilimency while Salazar thought about the scene he witnessed when he found Harry. This way of sharing thoughts, memories, and images was so much easier than using a Pensieve. It also didn't have the side effect of the retrieved memories becoming dull after extracting the memory. They also didn't need any equipment for that, and when performed correctly, nobody would get hurt.

"Alright, I've seen what I needed to in regards to his size. I'll get some basic supplies for the boy, like clothes and bath supplies, later today. We can buy everything else for him once he is here and has been checked over."

"Thank you. I..." Salazar started when a tawny owl swooped in through the window and landed right in front of him.

He removed the letter and gave the owl a treat out of a jar behind him. The owl hooted in acknowledgement and left immediately. Meanwhile, Salazar opened the letter and read through it.

"It's from Ms Pye. She says that she'd gladly help and that she could be here within an hour if needed. But she stated that she'll leave on a two-week-long vacation to China in two weeks. During which she does not wish to be disturbed at all except for grave emergencies.

"Hmmm...I don't think this will pose a problem. Hopefully, Harry is out of there long before she leaves. While I do want her to do the complete health check for Harry, it also shouldn't be a problem to ask someone else should there be any problems later on..." Salazar mused.

"You also have some decent healing abilities, so we should be fine once the complete check-up is done," James said.

Salazar smiled at that. Yes, he had learned quite a few healing techniques over the years. He had learned them out of sheer boredom at that time, but now those very same skills could come in handy. He didn't know anything that would have required him to swear a healer's oath, but he was a fully acknowledged Healer's Assistant. That meant he could heal nearly every injury inflicted through mundane methods. As well as those due to some minor curses or other minor magical influences, potions, creatures, etc. He also had knowledge of standard healing potions and how to brew them.

Okay, he knew nearly every potion in the world since he was a potions master himself and had been practising his art since he was old enough to brew. But some of the healing potions were restricted. Usually, only certified brewers were supposed to know them. Salazar had never troubled himself to get that certificate, so he didn't mention it.