Chapter 7: Fighting Nightmares

A/N: I have to warn you, this chapter is not for the light-hearted! The part that might disturb people I marked with "~~ooOoo~~". It contains nightmarish images as a result of the abuse Harry suffered from the Dursleys. So read this on your own responsibility. You have been warned!

I am also aware that certain movies were released long after the timeframe the original books play in. Just assume that any movie I refer to has already been released in my story. I won't place the story in another time so things like computers or the internet are still a thing of the future. Just don't expect the same with movies, series or songs that might appear. So, that is that :) 

It was late in the evening when Salazar began to stir once again

It was late in the evening when Salazar began to stir once again. He asked himself why he was lying on the floor; before the memories hit him like a ton of bricks. While they discussed how to get rid of the soul piece in Harry's scar, Harry began to panic. The final result was a magical explosion of immense strength which rendered them all unconscious.

Salazar sat up with a wince. His head was pounding.

"Damn!"

It seemed that he had hit his head when he had fallen.

He began looking around the room while rubbing the back of his head. Reichard lay directly next to him, not yet awake, while Pye was on the other side of the bed. But what worried him the most was when he caught sight of Harry.

Harry remained unconscious in his bed like the others. But he was sweating heavily, writhing and flailing like he was trapped in a nightmare. All the while, Harry clenched his forehead and moaned. From time to time, a small scream escaped him.

Now distraught, Salazar stood up and went over to Pye to wake her up. It took him several tries before she finally regained consciousness.

"What in Merlin's name happened?" she asked while sitting up and groaning.

"The last thing I remember is that Harry began to panic, and a wave of extremely powerful magic escaped him knocking everyone in the room unconscious," Salazar replied.

Pye looked up, saw the boy on the bed, and quickly jumped to her feet to examine him, only to stop short because her head spun. She took a potion against dizziness from her briefcase and drank some of it before giving it to Salazar, who drank some.

"Wake Reichard up while I check on the boy," she said.

Salazar did as he was asked and went to Reichard to wake him up. Although, once again, it took him several tries before the man finally woke up. Once he did, Salazar gave him the rest of the potion.

"Ungh...that was powerful magic," Reichard growled, holding his head while getting to his feet. "How long were we unconscious?"

Salazar cast a quick wandless tempus charm only to see that they had been unconscious for more than five hours. But, of course, anything could have happened during that time. So either the wards held, or Dumbledore wasn't able to send any of his forces that quick. He hoped for the first but feared that it may be the latter.