EIGHT. not my friend

HOPE'S POV

Mhmm... why am I so warm, my body feels like I'm roasting inside an inferno, but in a good way. My limbs are tangled comfortably and I can feel an additional weight draping across my waist. Breathing in deeply, I crack an eye open, yawning and trying to sit up.

However, my body doesn't will any further movement and I open both eyes, releasing a blood curdling scream as I come face to face with a sleeping Lizzie.

The pillow shielding us from physical contact failed beyond measures, basing from the fact that I'm wrapped up in Lizzie's embrace. Her arm is across my stomach, fingers interlocked together under me so I'm unable to move.

Lizzie's eyes snap open at my abrupt scream, startled from her sleep and does a double take at our position. Once realising we were cuddling, she also lets go of a petrified scream.

"AHHHH!"

She just pierced my ears.

"Get off me!" I growl, but she fumbles around and her entire face heats up, flushing red.

"I'm trying," she hisses. "But my arm is dead!"

"Bring it back to life and get it off my body before I make sure it's detached from your socket." I threaten and next thing I know, my dad is charging into my room and staring wide eyed at Lizzie and I.

We aren't in the most pg rated position. She is on top of me (I don't know how that happened) and her other arm is buried beneath my back. It doesn't help that our cheeks are three shades of red.

So to cover our assess, we both scream in unison, unexpectedly receiving a matched but deeper pitch scream from dad.

"AGHHHHHHH!"

As if the universe is against me, mom comes running in out of concern and takes in the scene with a frown. "Why is everyone screaming?" She asks, then glances at dad. "More importantly, why are you screaming?"

Dad shrugs, acting nonchalant. "I didn't want to be left out."

Mom scowls at him. "You're a child."

"And what about it."

While mom and dad are occupied, I stare up into Lizzie's eyes, glaring. "If you don't get off me, I'll kick you in the chest."

"That's tough talk for a girl your size." Lizzie talks down on me, leaning down close enough for me to see the flecks of yellow in her eyes. God, why must she be attractive in almost every way possible, except her attitude.

I don't hesitate to do as I threaten. I bring my knee upwards and in a solid motion, I kick Lizzie in the chest and watch pridefully as she loses balance and flies off the edge of the bed, slumping to the floor.

"Hope Andrea Mikaelson!" Mom scolds, rushing over to help Lizzie to her feet. "Why would you do that?"

"She didn't think I could!" I protest, not even caring to apologise.

Lizzie snorts, accepting my mom's hand and bounces to her feet. "And I definitely underestimated you." She winces as she rubs a hand to her throbbing back.

"I used to play soccer."

"That explains a lot. Soccer girls are short and have loads of pent up rage."

I jump off the bed, stalking towards her with a scowl. "Not true!"

"Anyone up for pancakes and eggs?" Dad asks, intervening between Lizzie and I with a soft lopsided grin.

At the mention of food, my stomach growls and it doesn't go by unnoticed. Mom snickers, agreeing with me and pulling me into her side. "Let's go eat then!" She happily says, forcing everyone to leave my room (thankfully).