ELEVEN. the oh no realisations

This is just a long fill in chapter so prepare yourselves :)

HOPE'S POV

"Morning sleepyhead," Mom grins at me, her eyebrows dancing suggestively. "What chaos did you get up to last night?"

I groan at the sunlight that momentarily blinds my vision the second I step into the kitchen. "How many curtains do you need open?"

Mom rolls her eyes. "Never mind that. Tell me about your night." She points to the chair across from her. I pull my hood up over my head and pull tight on the strings to block the sun.

"Why are you so invested in how my night went?" I ask her skeptically.

"Because I want to know how much you remember."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" She huffs dramatically. "All I remember is drinking sensibly-"

"Please, you never drink sensibly. You're like your uncle Kol when it comes to booze, irresponsible and loud."

Pfft, I can't totally handle my alcohol... most of the time.

"So as I was saying, I was doing shots with Penelope. I remember doing six before we stopped counting. Then we danced, before Jade came over and stole her from me to compete in a chugging competition, which they lost. I went to the bathroom to freshen up, and.." I pause, unable to remember what happened after I came out of the bathroom. "I- I think that's maybe when I blacked out in the bathtub."

Mom has this stupid dopey grin on her face and to be honest, it's scaring me. "What that look for?"

"So I guess you don't remember the part where you begged your father and I to let Lizzie move in with us for a couple months?"

My stomach drops, lips parting in shock, a gasp flying out. "I did what!?"

Dad times the perfect moment to come strolling into the kitchen with a stupid smile identical to mom's.

"Oh, what's going on in here? Anything I missed out on?" He knows what we were talking about, the walls aren't thick in this household. Only thing that's thick is my head. Begging Lizzie to move in? I know they say drunk confessions are sober thoughts, but no way. This was just dumb drunken rambles.

Yes, I care about her and concerned over the fact that she lives in her car, but do I want to live under the same roof as her?

I would rather toss myself into a lion enclosure.

"Just reminding Hope of the favour involving her adorable friend she invited over for Christmas." Mom's smile widens.

Dad taps my head noticing my slight discomfort. "Sweetheart, what's with the long face? You should be proud of the friend you are, so considerate of others."

I was drunk when I proposed the idea, and shit faced when I resorted to begging. That doesn't make a good friend, it makes an idiot.

"Wait so what was the answer?" I ask. They could've shut it down, meaning I wouldn't have to share literally everything with Lizzie. I have to deal with her enough at work. One headache is enough.

Mom and dad exchange a knowing look, one that has me dreading their verbal response.

"We have a spare couch, and spare love to give. We adore your friends and all of them at one stage has needed a place to stay, even if it was just for a night. As long as Lizzie pays her own way, she's free to stay here for however long she needs." Mom says with a smile, standing up and washing her coffee cup out in the sink.