TEN. drunk facetimes

LIZZIE'S POV

"Lizzie, this is Bonnie, and Camille." Mom motions to two very stunning women and I smile welcomingly, going in for a firm handshake and kissing the backs of their hands.

"Pleasure to meet you two beautiful ladies."

Mom shakes her head in amusement, nudging my shoulder as she laughs. "Don't mind her flirty act, she's a sweetheart."

Bonnie smiles so wide her smile lines pop out. "How old are you now? Last I saw you, you were about this tall and the only word you knew was boobies." She laughs, measuring her hand up to her hips to emphasise the size difference. I'm about a head taller than her now.

"I'm nineteen, and although it's not the only word I know, it's certainly my favourite." Bonnie gushes over my smile and pinches my cheeks, raving on about how cute I am.

Camille pushes Bonnie out of the way and embraces me in a tight hug. I don't have time to return the hug before she's squishing my cheeks together. "I can't believe it. You look so much like your mother," the woman sniffles. "I held you when you were just a baby and now you're so grown."

I snicker but send my mom a silent ask of help and she smirks, grabbing Camille and Bonnie by their waists and leading them into the dinning room. I tail behind the trio.

"Any questions you're dying to ask?" I ask the two women, sitting down beside my mom and using her shoulder as a pillow.

Bonnie nods, "What's the status of boyfriends or girlfriends?"

Hope Mikaelson flashes through my mind, her pretty pink lips, adorable smile, and her charming attitude and sarcasm that I adore so highly.

"Single," I answer, folding my arms across my chest and snuggling deeper against my mom's warm shoulder. "Have been for awhile."

Camille quirks her thin eyebrows, slightly shocked. "Is there anyone who has caught your eye?" She asks curiously.

Mom glances at me, she speaks softly to only me. "You don't have to share, you can keep it to yourself." We had a huge talk about Hope Mikaelson earlier over breakfast, and the advice she gave me has stuck with me ever since.

Follow your heart, cling to that desire.

I smile, shaking my head to tell her I'm fine with sharing. I face the two eager faced women. "There's this one girl. Her name is Hope Mikaelson and we met through work. I practically forced her to give me a job, even with her threatening to call security." I tell them, knowing I was so screwed on a larger scale of my attraction toward Hope. "There's just something about her that I'm so drawn to."

Camille happily claps her hands together. "This is so exciting!" She exclaims. "I'm going to love meeting her."

My face gushes and I duck, hiding it for a couple minutes to seem interested in picking at the black nail polish on my fingers. "But, don't get your hopes up, she doesn't like me back." I mumble, unable to hide the hurt from my voice.

"Nonsense!" Bonnie waves off, "You're such a heart throb, dear. What's there not to like about you?"

I lift my head, the heat from my cheeks faded. "I annoy her a lot and even when I flirt with her, she just brushes it away and half of the time, she's unfazed."

Bonnie presses her lips together, exchanging an expression with my mom I couldn't pull apart. The woman turns back to me, curiously she asks. "Well, have you ever asked her?"

"I'm bold but I will not exceed further than flirting. Do you know how daunting it is to put yourself out there?"

Camille chuckles, sharing her input. "How will you ever know if you missed your chance to shoot. She'll slip fast if you don't have a grip on her. Don't make the same mistake I made when I was your age."