022 | how romantic

⇢ 022 ˎˊ-

⇢ 022 ˎˊ-

DID HE JUST DEFEND YOU?

You were really grateful that he still cared. Even with everything going on. "Thank you." you mouth the words to him, half whispering. His expression softening when he looked at you. His expression was somewhat stern, but soft at the same time. Grabbing a strand of your hair and tucking it behind your ear. 

"Wow, how romantic."

"Hey, Levi." he throws a chair towards Levi's direction. Breaking the wine glasses, and one nearly falling on your head. He pushes you over a bit so that the glass didn't fall on your head.

"There's gotta be a reason you became a Scout, and I think I know what it is. We had no choice, but to survive in that garbage dump. It took all we had each day to keep livin'. And when we found out how big the world really was, you can bet it hurt like hell." Your eyes had widened. 

Why was he talking about the underground life here? Of course it was suffering—unbearable, but he didn't have to bring it up here.

 You enjoyed it as soon as Isabel and Farlan came to be. So it was as if he was hurting them. "But something saved us..." he continued on. "We'd found something we wanted to do. It's that simple." 

"It's simple, but the truth is, the only thing that made our lives fulfilling was finding hobbies." you could see he was grabbing another chair, pointing the so called 'gun' at Levi still. Or where Levi was hiding under the counter.