026 | reunions, or sorta

⇢ 026 ˎˊ-

⇢ 026 ˎˊ-

"WHY WOULD HE DO SUCH A TERRIBLE THING?"

Historia just stared at Eren's chained up state, still hugging her father.

"Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi!" Kenny yells out, tired of wasting so much time, you coming out as well.

You were like a better assitant to Kenny than Caven because you were stronger than her, and more experienced. Plus you've known him longer than her and he's trained you more. Meaning he knows most of your techniques. 

"What are you guys doing having a leisurely chat down here?" 

"Y/n?!" Eren gets out of mumble, due to his mouth being blocked so he couldn't talk. Historia was shocked as well. "Y/n?—" Historia's eyes widened. 

"Hahaha, hey?" you give them a small wave. The thing is, they practically alreayd had a suspicion that you were working with them. Since the whole Military Police had to work with Kenny, they assumed that you had to, too.

And you didn't really ever reply to their letters so they knew something was up. 

Levi still hadn't told the others about what was happening, keeping it to himself. Like it was his own little secret.

"What are you doing here?!" Historia asks, shocked. Eren would've too, but he couldn't say anything because his mouth was covered. 

"Um well you see!" 

"Tch. This isn't time for reunions, save those for later Y/n." Kenny tells you, shooing you away, motioning you to join Caven and the others. Trying to continue his own sentence. "Don'tcha know what kinda shit's going down outside?"

"Y/n—" 

"I'll explain everything to you later. I promise." You tell Historia, your expression softening looking at her afterwards, running off to where Caven and the others were at.

"Kenny? What happened?" Rod asks him. To be honest, you didn't expect him to look this, well—old.

"The Survey Corps staged a coup d'état and most of the Military backed them up. They outed the king as fake and rounded up all the influential nobles. It qualifies as a royal shitshow."

Historia gasps, Rod just as surprised. "Only a matter of time till they show up here. You oughta finish up here quick." 

"Yes, all right. Please join the Personnel Suppression Squad at the entrance. I shouldn't have to tell you again that you and your men cannot be present for the ceremony."

"You alright, your highness? Did I make you mad?" He just had a stoic expression on his face, looking back at Kenny.

"Sorry 'bout that. I'm just so worried about you." 

"Kenny, I trust you. Go." He cuts him off midway.

"Same to you, King Reiss." You could tell he was lying. It was so obvious. "Tch." he whispered, fixing the positioning of his hat. 

You could tell everything he did was an act. All for the power, isn't it? Kenny.

____

You went back to where you were told to go. Honestly, didn't think much of it because you knew that either way, if you died today, it didn't matter. It would atone for your past mistakes.

You didn't know what he was thinking because everything he did was practically unpredictable.

"There's seven enemies at the least." Caven suddenly says, interrupting your thoughts. Turning your attention towards her instead of staring at Kenny doing nothing.

"You can be sure Levi's among them. As you know, Levi got completely ambushed last time and yet he killed 12 of our comrades. The rest of the Interior Police are out of the picture, not to mention the government lost control. It's a bad situation all "around." you nod in response.

"In a world as tiny as ours, dying would be preferable to the life that awaits us the second we surrender. Then again, is a life stuck in these walls any different?" She was proving many points.

"We've got an enemy we can't defeat and all we can do is wait till they break down the walls and destroy us. We chose to join the Military Police, aspired to be Interior police and joined up with Kenny."

That was the false part though. You were threatened, but you didn't want to ruin Caven's speech.

"All to seek meaning in our meaningless lives in this meaningless world. Let's keep believing all the way to the end... that Kenny and his dream can turn the tables on this world."

You really didn't have a choice, but to believe everything Caven was saying. Even though you didn't really agree with her.

Of course, you thought this world was meaningless. One hundred percent.

And choices people have given you made you feel important, as if you were apart of this world. As if you could do something. That you weren't helpless.

There were pillars everywhere, Kenny walking around.

You were just on some wood board, standing there waiting for them to come out.

You knew what was coming, they were coming.

As in they, you meant, the Scouts.

They were coming down. They had tracked you guys down, obviously. Hange always was a smart one. Maybe it was those glasses of hers. 

Everybody's faces were pointed towards that door. The door they would enter through. Then it was time for the real show—reunions.