Chapter 2

Again he shook the voice out of his head and finally summoned his pyro. When he got backstage he couldn't get the voice thing out of his head. 

"You ok?" he heard Steffanie ask.

"Um yeah," he said, "I think I'm just tired"

"You wanna head back to the hotel?" Steffanie asked.

"Yeah just let me change out of my ring attire," Kane said heading to the guys locker room. That night back at their hotel Kane watched as Steffanie dried her hair. He couldn't believe he had such a beautiful woman in his life that actually wanted to be with him. She walked into the bedroom and Kane pulled her down onto the bed beside him. She giggled as he kissed her. When Kane held Steffanie in his arms and looked into her admiring green eyes it was like time stopped and nothing else mattered. It was like just by holding her it made the world melt away leaving only them. He loved Steffanie so much and for him it was a bit overwhelming because he never thought he was capable of loving this much if at all. "I love you," Kane said.

"I love you too," Steffanie said as her lips met his. After their intimate moment came to an amazing end Kane kissed his love one more time and closed his eyes. When he opened them he was lying on a road. He could tell because of the white line under him. He heard screaming. He got up and turned around. A car was hanging off the cliff of the road. He almost went into shock when he saw who was in the car. It was her. He tried to run to the car, but he couldn't move. Suddenly there was a big crack and the car tumbled off the cliff. He fell to his knees. He couldn't believe he couldn't save her again. "How could you?" he heard someone ask. He looked up and it was Steffanie. 

"Steffanie I didn't.." Kane said.

"Why didn't you save her?!" she screamed.

"I tried!" Kane pleaded, "I wasn't strong enough!" he watched as Steffanie walked over to the cliff where the car once was. "I'm sorry Kane," she said, "but, I can't love a murderous monster" and with that she jumped. Kane's eyes popped open. He looked around and Steffanie was still asleep with her head on his chest. The rest of the night he just laid there and stroked Steffanie's hair softly enough not to wake her. He knew the dream was a message that if she finds out about his secret she would leave him and he didn't want that. When Steffanie opened her eyes she looked up and Kane had his eyes closed. She kissed his cheek and he opened his eyes. "Morning," Steffanie said with a smile.

"Morning," Kane said trying to wake up. He didn't remember falling asleep again. That night they had a house show in Texas. Steffanie was getting ready for her match against Layla for the diva's title when she heard Teddy make a special announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen it is with great honor that we welcome back Tori" Steffanie couldn't help, but feel rage spark through her body. Tori had hurt Kane bad. She betrayed him in front of millions of fans and made him watch as she kissed X-Pac. She remembered Ashley showing her a video. She knew that if she and Tori ever met that more than likely it wouldn't go well. Kane was watching from the guy's locker room. He couldn't believe she was back. He felt the rage boil but, he had to keep his cool, for Steffanie. Steffanie was just sitting at a table backstage when Kane finally found her. "Hey," he said kissing her cheek, "Ready for your match later?"

"Yep," she said. Kane took Steffanie's hand and just held it until they had to go to the ring for his match against Randy. She watched as Kane almost destroyed Randy yet again at ringside. She couldn't help, but make sure to watch out for Tori. She had a feeling she was up to something. Kane choke slammed Orton for the win and Steffanie climbed in the ring as Kane summoned his pyro. She kissed him as the fans popped. That's when he heard it again "Glen please listen. Don't fall for it!"