Chapter 6

Kane was in his hotel room and could hear Ashley yelling all the way down the hall. He opened the door just as she reached his room. "Whats going on?" he asked.

"I'll explain on the way," she said, "Steff's in the hospital" Kane felt his body go cold. 

"Is she ok?"

"I don't know," Ashley said as they ran to her car. Steffanie was still gasping from the pain in her stomach as they lifted her out of the ambulance truck. She could hear the nurses and EMTs talking, but couldn't make out what they were saying. "Please save my baby!" is all Steffanie could keep crying out. They rushed her to the first open bed and started to check on the unborn child she was carrying. Ashley was driving way beyond the speed limit, but it felt like an eternity to Kane before they reached the hospital. Steffanie woke up to an ultra bright light in her eyes. She groaned at the pain it caused. "You're up" the nurse checking her IV said. "Is my baby ok?" she asked. She saw a look of pain and sympathy on the nurse's face. "Mrs. Kane I'm sorry, but you miscarried," the nurse said. As Kane and Ashley entered the hospital they heard the worse scream ever. Kane knew instantly it was Steffanie and ran toward the awful heart-shattering sound as he heard it again. They reached the room they kept Steffanie in and Kane pushed through the guards trying to keep him back. 

"It's ok he's her husband," Ashley said. Ashley ran in and saw Kane holding Steffanie as she cried so hard she could tell she could barely breathe. The entire time Kane held her he had his fist balled up. Fighting the urge to tear the entire room apart. Seeing his wife so heart broken caused him pain he thought he'd never survive through. When Steffanie finally cried herself to sleep Kane just stared out the window. Rage boiling to the surface. "When I get my hands on Tori..." Kane started to say. 

"no you stay here with Steff, I'll handle Tori tomorrow night," Ashley said. The next night was a house show and Ashley was more than ready to get her hands on Tori. She considered Steffanie her sister and seeing her in pain like that wasn't gonna go unjustified. As Tori's music blared Ashley smiled an evil smirk. She couldn't wait to unleash on her. The bell rang and Ashley plunged right on Tori. She threw every painful hit and kick she could until Tori started bleeding. It took two referees to get Ashley off Tori. The medical crew came down the ramp to check on Tori as Ashley grabbed a microphone and headed up the ramp. When she reached the top of the ramp she turned around. "That was for my sister," Ashley said, "because of you Tori, she lost her baby and if I were you I'd disappear before Kane finds you" Later that night Steffanie woke up. She looked down and Kane was asleep with his head resting on her lap. She reached out her hand and brushed his long dark curled hair from his face. Even though, he went back to his mask he still looked like the same man she fell for. Even with the long hair now. He looked up and immediately went to her side. "Whats wrong?" he asked.

"I'm ok baby," Steffanie said.

"You sure?" Kane asked.

"Yes I just thought you looked so peaceful," she said taking his hand.

"Do you need anything?" Kane asked.

"I am a little thirsty," she said.

"well, good thing I picked up some ice chips" Ashley said walking in the room and handing Steffanie the cup of ice. Steffanie scooped a spoonful of the frozen crystals and awed in relief as the cool frozen shards soothed her dry mouth.