Chapter 3 - The Rebirth of the Countess

Mr. Lordi once again found himself travelling through time again. He was moving faster than the speed of light through the vortex and he was not turning back this time. He wondered where he was going this time and if wherever he was going to be taken would be a place where he could find more help like Amen. He needed all the help he could get before returning into battle.

As he flew through the portal he began to think about his home Lapland. Will I ever return there someday and live peacefully with my old friends? Mr. Lordi thought. Then his monstrous heart began to beat slightly and the thought of love returned to him. I do not care if she is a monster or not. She must be someone I can feel, someone who understands me, and perhaps even help me end this war. There must be someone who can not only help me but may even know about what love can do for me. I must keep that in mind. Mr. Lordi told himself as soon as his journey through time began to end and the portal opened to a new world.

This time, Mr. Lordi was standing in a graveyard lit by the moonlight. Nearby was a church with lights on. He was alone again, and Amen was nowhere to be found. Mr. Lordi walked silently past the stone crosses towards the church and peered in the window. But to his surprise was not what was normally found inside a church. Instead of long rows of seats there was an open space and people were walking around and sitting at tables socializing while eating meals. So this is what they call a party, Mr. Lordi thought. He had heard about parties involving drinks, meals and constant chatter between groups of people but had no experience with any since the first invasion in Lapland that started the war.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught glimpse of a young woman who looked about twenty three years old. She was standing alone in the corner looking as if waiting for her long lost lover. Mr. Lordi glanced at this woman one last time. He did not see this woman as a love interest. She is not the right one, Mr. Lordi thought as he continued to watch the woman. She had long black hair that went down to her shoulders and the dress she was wearing was quite elegant. Mr. Lordi sensed something inside her. Just then, a man came to her side.

"Lady Awa de Paysant, you wanted to see me?" The man asked,

So that is her name, Mr. Lordi thought as he listened in to the conversation.

"Yes, where is John Heart my fiance? I must find him at once," Awa said.

The man scratched his head. "He should be here soon my lady. Just be patient for now," Awa nodded without saying anything.

Mr. Lordi gazed at her and got the feeling that she was not going to wait for her lover any longer. He watched as Awa waited around for a few more minutes and left the ballroom.

Mr. Lordi secretly followed Awa from outside and he continued to watch through the windows as she climbed the marble staircase to a long empty hallway. He remained in the shadows nearly invisible to her. Where is she going? He wondered as he stayed close behind but out of her sight. He observed closely as Awa continued to walk down the hallway silently. She was searching for her lover; wherever he was, Mr. Lordi loved to know where but inside he had a bad feeling about it. If this man really loved her he would not desert her like this, Mr. Lordi thought as he watched Awa stop in front of a door.

A voice was heard from the other side. The sound was a moaning sound but not one of pain but pleasure.

Awa knocked on the door. "John? It's me, Awa. Are you in there?"

No answer came. Awa knocked on the door harder, "John! What are you doing in there? Come out please! I want to see you!" she cried, her voice sounded like she was begging for his attention.

Something is not right, Mr. Lordi thought as he continued to stay hidden. Awa waited a few more minutes and then she took hold of the doorknob and threw it open once she realized it wasn't locked.