Chapter 4 - The Hellbull

Once again, Mr. Lordi was flying through the time portal. Where am I going now?  He had two allies so far: Amen the mummy who rose from the dead and Awa the vampire countess. It was a good line up so far but inside he knew that it was not enough to help him win the war. Mr. Lordi had someone with knowledge on the power of love and he had someone who could be considered unstoppable for getting revenge. I need someone with more strength. Someone who can be just as powerful as he looks, Mr. Lordi thought as the time portal began to reach its end.  He shut his eyes from the light and fell out of the portal.

"Oof!" he grunted as he hit the dirty ground firmly. He opened his eyes to look at his new surroundings.

Mr. Lordi stood up and looked around to find himself standing in a wide open space. The ground was flat like dried earth and the only other thing that was in this open space was a large stone wall with an entrance. Mr. Lordi looked at it with curiosity. This time he had no clue what time period he was in. He did not know if it was the beginning of time or right before the world was about to end.

The wind began to blow hard and then a sound was heard coming from inside the stone wall: like a loud roar. Mr. Lordi walked closer towards the entrance. There is something in there that I must find, and whatever it is, it is powerful enough to help me end this war, He thought as he looked down the open path, he then took a deep breath, and entered the maze.

As Mr. Lordi entered the labyrinth he felt a chill run down his spine. Then he shook his head knowing that he needed to be brave and then he looked at all the possible directions he could go. A maze had many different paths to choose from; one can lead you to where you need to go and another could lead you to a dead end.

Mr. Lordi could not sense the presence of the creature lurking inside the maze anywhere. If this maze has a center of it then that is where I must go, he told himself, and then he took the path to his right. Luckily, this path did not take him to a dead end. Mr. Lordi continued to walk until he came to another fork in the road ahead. The labyrinth was quiet; the wind had died down and the only sound Mr. Lordi could hear was his own footsteps.

Just then as he took a turn right he came to a dead end and heard a creaking noise nearby. Mr. Lordi drew out his battleaxe and turned to face the pathway that he had just covered. Is someone there? He thought as he looked around with his weapon ready. There was no answer, and so Mr. Lordi walked back down the track and came across the previous path he should have chosen and then he began walking down that way instead.

Mr. Lordi walked faster through the maze fully alert to all of his surroundings. There was something hiding in the shadows or perhaps at the other side or in the center of the maze; if the maze had a center. A loud growling sound was heard this time as Mr. Lordi turned at another corner; he pointed his axe out in front of him like he was about to impale an incoming enemy as the sound was heard once again. What is lurking in there hiding from me?  He was getting suspicious.

The stone walls held no trace of something that could be hiding anywhere until Mr. Lordi turned at another corner and  he had found a large scratch on the stone wall to his right. He traced the surface of the marking with one hand. It appears I am dealing with something with horns or claws, he thought as he kept walking, and then he looked at the ground to see footprints that were not his; they were like hoof marks. Some kind of animal then. Then he stood in a small area with four different paths surrounding him, and suddenly something dashed right past him towards the anterior path. The creature was too fast for Mr. Lordi to make out what it was and he immediately began to run after it.

"Who are you? Come back!" Mr. Lordi called out as he ran after the creature. The monster sprinted faster.

"I need your help!" He ran faster down the path until suddenly the creature vanished into the open.

Mr. Lordi stopped and walked slowly into the open path and found himself standing in a wide open round space in the center of the labyrinth. Torches were lit on the walls and the floor was engraved with a design that portrayed some type of ancient monster. Mr. Lordi walked into the center of the open space.

"Where are you?" he asked as he looked around,

The paths into the open space suddenly closed up like doors and he was trapped. Mr. Lordi took in silence around him, and then out of nowhere something attacked him from behind.

Mr. Lordi had no time to react as he was sent flying and hit one of the walls. He grunted angrily in pain and looked up to see who his attacker was. Standing before him was a creature that looked half man half bull, his face looked more like a zombie bull from hell with horns on his head and his legs were large hooves.

"Why have you come?" His deep voice snarled,

Mr. Lordi got to his feet. "I need your help." he repeated,

The Minotaur did not see Mr. Lordi as someone friendly and then he charged forward.

Mr. Lordi quickly jumped to the side causing his opponent to miss and hit the wall instead.

"You are clever. But I have not come here to fight you!" Mr. Lordi shouted,

"Shut up!" The Minotaur growled, and then he charged towards him again,

Mr. Lordi swung his axe and then the Minotaur took hold of the it before it could hit him,

Mr. Lordi growled while trying to take control of his weapon; his opponent was stronger than he thought and perhaps strong enough to be a great asset. Then Mr. Lordi summoned enough strength and pushed the Minotaur away from him and then he put his axe away. My weapon will not be enough, my greatest power is from my body and soul. Then he stood waiting for the Minotaur to charge again. When he did Mr. Lordi extended his arm out to grab him and then the Minotaur was lifted off the ground from the telekinesis.

"There is no need to fight! I am not your enemy!" Mr. Lordi insisted,

 "Let me go you demon!"

"Demons are not where I am from. The real demons are my enemies, they will return soon even more powerful. I cannot face them alone after what they did to my family and my past. I need someone strong at my side,"

The Minotaur struggled, "What? Why should I help you? Who do you think you are?"

"I am Mr. Lordi, the Lord of Lapland," Mr. Lordi replied.

After hearing his name the Minotaur stopped resisting as if he knew who he was dealing with and was not to be underestimated, and Mr. Lordi released him.

"I have no name. It is OX, that is what you must call me, Mr. Lordi," The Minotaur said.

Mr. Lordi listened silently,

"I came here before the existence of all time and living things. Many I have killed, and many have fled in terror from me. I spent my youth as the lifeguard of a powerful magician until one day he was killed. Not a single one has walked in my sights ever since, and now I have become this. This demon war you speak of. We shall see who the real enemies are once it begins," OX said.

"Will you join me?" Mr. Lordi asked, and then OX nodded.

"Only then will I know who my real enemies are."

Mr. Lordi managed to smile showing forgiveness OX for attacking him. "Come with me." he said as the time portal opened. OX walked into the portal without looking back. Mr. Lordi followed him and began his time traveling journey once again.