Chapter 11 - Not The Nicest Guy

Time had passed and much of it had since the day Mr. Lordi and his allies temporarily escaped the clutches of Evilyn and her demon army. Mr. Lordi knew it was not over; Evilyn was already plotting revenge for her broken heart and would return even stronger than ever with an even bigger army powerful enough to conquer not only Lapland but maybe another world as well.

Mr. Lordi knew that he needed as much time as possible to avoid Evilyn until his one true love was found. As time went by, Mr. Lordi had fled to the Southern regions of Lapland where the dark forests were found and more trolls and other monsters dwelled. None of them picked a fight with him, nor did he provoke them into a fight. Mr. Lordi wanted nothing to do with any of them ever, for he no longer felt in the mood. Soon, Mr. Lordi had found a secret passage to an underground chamber full of lava with a long bridge between two large platforms.

There, Mr. Lordi built himself a large mansion using his power of pulling objects toward him and fastening them together with the lava cooling it into rock. It seemed to take him centuries to build until everything was finally in place. The mansion looked more like a castle inside and out than it was a mansion but it suited him fine. All he felt he needed was some place isolated.

Mr. Lordi sat on the large canopy bed in the bedroom of his new home. He did not sleep, instead he sat and thought to himself for a while and then looked out the doorway leading to the balcony overlooking the lava. Ever since he had built his new home he had learned more of his powers and now had mastered them. He even learned that the dark vortex he summoned could be used to travel different dimensions; rather than the other portal he used for different eras, and even to places he desired.

If he wanted to be in an abyss of fire then he would be, if he wanted to be in total darkness he would be. The sound of steam was heard from outside and then Mr. Lordi walked out onto the balcony and gazed at the view. How shall I approach my one true love? He thought as he stroked his beard with one hand and gritted his fangs. There were many options available to him in the world of love on how it should begin, and to him there were too many to count.

Mr. Lordi then thought about Awa when she was with her lover John and began to wonder how it was done. Then Mr. Lordi shook his head. No I have to do this my way. I am a Monsterman and I cannot simply do it the way humans do, he thought and then suddenly he got an idea. His one true love was nowhere to be found in Lapland where the monsters were and it was certainly not where demons dwell, therefore there was only one option. I must find a way to go to the human world. My one true love must be there. Though humans are not the same as me, I know that the power of love is stronger between us if we are not the same, Mr. Lordi told himself and then he gazed at the view of the lava a little bit longer before heading back inside.

"Mr. Lordi you must rest." Awa said one day to Mr. Lordi when she came to visit him in his new home one day. Mr. Lordi was pacing around the foyer of the mansion thinking.

"I will not rest Awa. Not until she is found. I must find a way to travel to the human world," he replied.

Awa's eyes widened, "You were in the human world once and that was during the time you found me,"

Mr. Lordi gritted his fangs again, "No Awa this is not the same. I must go to the present. Not the past. I have not found a way to make it there. My time portal only takes me to places of the past, not the present or the future," he said with a stressed tone in his voice.

"I have been watching you and you have come so far Mr. Lordi. You have mastered your power after all this time. I believe you can do this," Awa told him nicely,

Mr. Lordi continued to pace, "Awa, it has been two years since we escaped Evilyn's grasp. How can I possibly know once I enter the present time in the human world where my one true love is?" he grunted and then Awa smiled,

"Mr. Lordi, you will know inside your heart when your one true love is found. Your one true love can only be found by you, she will not simply appear the way you ask her to. If you see someone who you think is worthy, find out more about her but do not let her see you until the time is right. Look deep inside your heart Mr. Lordi. You will know that she is special for you, if she is different from anyone else you have seen. I felt the same way when I met John. He was not like most men. He way kind and caring back in my day unlike most men they were mean and unfaithful. It is all up to you Mr. Lordi," Awa told him,

Mr. Lordi stopped pacing and walked over to Awa, "You are right Awa. I am ready to go now to the human world. I will find her no matter how long it takes. When I have found her I will inform you all and bring you there where we shall find a way to claim her," He replied, and then the dark vortex opened.

"I must warn you. Love does not blossom overnight. You may confess to her but do not expect her feelings to be mutual immediately. Love takes time to grow." Awa cautioned,

Mr. Lordi looked back at her. "I know Awa; I think I know what to do,"

"Good luck." she said, and then Mr. Lordi stepped inside the vortex and disappeared.