Chapter 12 - To Hell With Pop

Mr. Lordi flew through the tunnel of darkness that his dark vortex was taking him through. This is it; this is where I go to find her, he thought as he moved faster and faster at the speed of light hoping to soon enter the human world: A completely different dimension that he had no knowledge about. It was almost overwhelming to him; for he did not know what to expect and what to encounter. Remember what Awa said. Mr. Lordi reminded himself as soon his journey in the dark came to an end.

Soon a bright light was seen and Mr. Lordi shielded his eyes with both hands until it cleared. He opened his eyes to find himself standing on top of a building overlooking a city. Mr. Lordi walked towards the edge and looked down to see what was below him: Humans, and there were hundreds of them both male and female walking up and down the streets silently some partnered and some single. All seemed quite normal. Mr. Lordi watched and observed their behavior. No one was behaving strange nor was anyone standing out. This is going to be harder than I thought, Mr. Lordi told himself as he walked to the other side of the building which was overlooking a more isolated area with dumpsters. He jumped off the edge of the building and landed on his feet beside the bins. Using his supernatural powers he created an invisible veil around himself to make himself invisible to the humans. I must not show myself to my one true love until she is found, he thought, and then he stepped out of the empty alley and into the crowd.

Mr. Lordi felt like he was surrounded by humans even though they did not know of his presence. Everyone seemed to walk right past him as if nothing was there but empty space on the sidewalk. Mr. Lordi walked down the road looking at all the people around them. They were all walking like normal people and to Mr. Lordi they seemed a little too normal for him. He walked into a nearby park and to his surprise he saw something he never thought he would ever see: Sitting on a rock in the middle of the park there was a young woman who looked about nineteen years old, her hair was a flaming ginger red color that went down to her shoulders and was straight, her eyes were hazel, her skin was fair, and she was all dress in black with a black tank top, a short sparkly mini skirt, and black high heel boots.

To Mr. Lordi he had never seen anyone dress like that before unlike all the other humans walking around the city. The female sat gazing at the sky as if daydreaming, and then Mr. Lordi walked closer to her to observe more closely. Soon he found himself standing right in front of her. The female began to look in front of her like looking right at him but she could not see him. Mr. Lordi could now see her face; her hazel eyes twinkled in the sunlight and her lips were the color of roses and more luscious than Mr. Lordi could think of, her cheeks were clear and pale.

Mr. Lordi smiled as he gazed at this female's beautiful face and felt the urge to reach out and caress her face but he was invisible. She is beautiful, but it is also what is inside that makes her beautiful too, how to determine if she is the one inside just as she is on the outside? Mr. Lordi thought as he gazed at her one last time until a voice was heard,

"Emily! Are you coming or what?"

Mr. Lordi looked around to where the voice came from and saw the female get up off the rock and went over to another girl her age,

"There you are Emily what were you doing?" the other female asked, The redheaded female dressed in black now spoke,

"Sorry, I did not know you were coming back," she said, and then Mr. Lordi surprisingly felt his monstrous heart pound unexpectedly.

So that is her name, Emily. She is not like the others. I must get to know her better, he thought and then vowed to find out more and followed close behind.

Soon Mr. Lordi was following Emily all day. He felt like a stalker which was never a good thing to feel. I should not be doing this, he told himself but he knew that this was something that he needed to do. Eventually Emily parted with her friend and walked into a music shop. Mr. Lordi looked from outside and watched as Emily went up to one of the shelves at the back of the store and rummaged through the CDs that were neatly organized alphabetically. After minutes of searching Emily looked fed up and walked quickly over to the front desk where the manager was sitting.

"You're out of it again! You never have what I want!" she complained. The manager looked concerned,

"Sorry miss but we don't sell that music by that hard rock monster band anymore. There's no demand here anymore," he informed her,

Emily crossed her arms. "This is unacceptable, how is a girl supposed to shop in your store when you have nothing she wants!? You know what; I might as well never shop here again!"

she said with a disappointed tone and then she stormed out of the store.

Hard rock music; how interesting, Mr. Lordi thought as he continued to pursue Emily. Soon Emily led Mr. Lordi down into a small neighborhood where the streets were quiet. The sun was beginning to set and as the streetlights came on Emily walked up to a house with a lantern next to the door and went inside. Then a window on the second story was turned on. Mr. Lordi spread his wings and flew up to look inside the lit room.

As soon as Mr. Lordi reached the window he stood on the branch of a tree and looked through the window. Inside the bedroom Emily sat down on her bed and wrote in her diary feeling rather frustrated on the day's events. How intriguing, Mr. Lordi thought as Emily put her diary away and then plugged her iPod into the speakers on her desk and then music filled the room. It was hard rock music. Emily began to dance, but instead of twirling around or doing some common dance moves; instead she began thrashing, bashing and swinging her head as if she was a guitarist in a rock back playing a solo live.

Mr. Lordi smiled and watched her move to the beat until the song changed. This time it was a slower love song. To Mr. Lordi's surprise, Emily began to sing: "I fell for you that day when the skies were dark. But all that changed when you came into my heart. You are a beast outside and a beauty within. But oh I would love you anyway. Your tender kiss takes my breath away oh hold me never let me go....."

Mr. Lordi's monstrous heart pounded even harder as Emily sang, her voiced blended and soared with the song, and she had the voice of an angel. Mr. Lordi smiled and stared at her lovingly and passionately as if he had been drawn into the power of love already.

Oh Emily if only she could see me, he thought as he listened to her sing but soon he had become so absorbed in his attraction toward her that he became visible again and nearly lost his balance from the tree branch he had been standing on causing it to crack.

Emily heard the sound and stopped singing,

"Is someone there?" she asked as she started walking towards the window.

Mr. Lordi quickly dropped out of the tree before Emily could see him and hid. Emily saw nothing but darkness outside her window. The love song was still playing in her room and she paused the song to start over again. Mr. Lordi quickly ran to a safe place hoping no one would be that close to detecting him like that again. He put his hand on his monstrous heart and felt something warm up inside. Emily was so different from others. Mr. Lordi smiled. She was beautiful, unique, and talented and there was something inside her that made him want to know more. I have found her at last.