Timestamp Part One

Timestamp Part One

May 5: 11:08 pm

The minute he got home, he hopped in the shower, so ready to wash the evening away. Cameron leaned against the wall, letting the hot water work it's magic. Driving made things so much easier. Coach had gone with Mike to his appointment, so Cameron had Mike's tesla all to himself. After helping Rosa and her crew clean up the mountains of trash, divvying up all the leftovers among family, he'd left before they were even done, driving Daniela home to rest. He didn't have to wait for a ride. It felt awesome to do what he wanted, when he wanted and not to be dependent on anyone else.

The party had broken up around 10, but Cameron was busy the entire time, helping Jess with Leah, then lending a hand to Rosa when one of her servers had a family emergency and had to leave. He never got to talk to Ryan, but he saw him every now and then, throughout the evening, They'd exchanged looks. At one point, he'd caught Ryan staring at him when he was dancing with Daniela. Dancing might be an overstatement. Cameron held her so she didn't fall, while they shuffled back and forth to the music. But she was having a wonderful time, so Cameron didn't mind at all. But then he'd glanced up and Ryan was leaning against a tree, just looking at him. It sent a warm glow up Cameron's spine. He let go of Daniela's hand for a second to wave his hand a little. Ryan raised his hand, message received. Little moments like that all night.

Shower done, Cameron put on his softest jammies, glad he'd done the laundry before the party. Nothing much better than a clean pair of pajamas after a shower. He lay down and luxuriated in the feel of his blanket wrapped around him. He checked his cell before turning out the light.

Mike: We're going to be home late. Out celebrating. Will tell you why tomorrow.

Just that simple text was enough to relieve some stress accumulated over the last few months. Mike started going to these 'appointments' but like Jess, Cameron had no idea what they were. He refused to get too worried, but it was hard not to think about possible medical issues that might have come up suddenly. Then when Coach started going with Mike, both men looking nervous, Cameron was on the brink of demanding to know what was going on. Thank goodness, whatever it was, it seemed to have worked itself out, if they were celebrating. He chuckled at the words, home late. They'd probably be home before 12.

The notification bell on his phone went off, just as he plugged it into the charger for the night. When he saw who it was from, Cameron sighed. But texted back.

Ryan: Hey, are you finally home?

Cameron: Yes

Ryan: That was some party.

Cameron: Yup

Ryan: You looked like you were having fun.

Cameron: I did

Ryan: You're pretty close with Diego's family?

Cameron: Yes

Ryan:....................

Cameron: Did you have fun with Miranda?

Ryan: Sure.

Cameron: She and I talked for a long time.

Ryan: You did?

Cameron: Yes

Ryan: What about?

Cameron: Just stuff

Ryan: ...... Yeah, I talked to Chris about stuff too.

Cameron: Really?