JFF: Part Four: Diego (Part two)

JFF Part Four: Diego (Part Two)

A/N:  Just a reminder, the boys are camping together, and telling stories about how they "got"  with Cameron instead of Ryan.  

After College Graduation: Present Day Camping Trip

The next morning, the four men went to the river that snaked through the campground. Kyle and Jason decided to stay in their tent and ...well...everyone knew what they'd rather be doing. It was a gorgeous hot summer day. The water looked so good, Diego couldn't wait. Nate and Ryan raced ahead and ran straight into the water, splashing and submerging themselves without a second thought. Diego was about to join them. Nate looked so hot with just his shorts on. Man, his boyfriend was ripped in the best fucking possible way. And...Diego smirked, Ryan wasn't really that bad himself. And after last night....he knew Ryan a little bit better than he ever had before. It was now well within his rights to check the lacrosse player out. Which he did.

But one glance backwards stopped him in his tracks. Instead of joining his boyfriend and Ryan, he waited, with perfect patience. Cameron, wearing his shorts and a long sleeve white shirt, was slowly picking his way across the stones on the river bank, barefoot.

"God damn it!" he muttered, as he stubbed his toe. Diego frowned, and walked back. Without warning he picked Cameron up in his arms and carried him to the water's edge.

"Oh god, Diego. You didn't have to do that. I was just complaining." Cameron smiled, but whacked Diego's shoulder. "Seriously. I'm not a baby."

"You'll always be my baby," Diego smirked as together they carefully walked into the green, flowing water. Cameron rolled his eyes.

"I know I'm a huge wuss. I love wearing shoes. I hate bare feet. These fucking rocks hurt like hell. You guys must all have feet made of leather or something."

Cameron stood about calf high in the river and stopped, grinning as Nate and Ryan jumped in and out of the deeper part of the water, splashing and screeching. Acting like they were teenagers even if those days were long behind them. Diego looked too, grinning.  

"Aren't you going to take off your shirt Cameron?" He noticed his boy's white shirt soaking up the water, bulky and uncomfortable.

"Nope." Cameron said, sitting down in the water, on the rocky ground, letting the stream of water wash over him.

"Why the hell, not? It's a freaking hot day."

Cameron sighed, and raised his eyebrows at Diego. "Come on. You're not dumb. You know I'm pretty self conscious. Not everyone can look like Greek gods, ok?"

Diego turned to look again at Nate and Ryan. "Who them?"

"And you." Cameron said, wiggling his toes in the water.

Diego flexed his chest muscles then his biceps. "I know. Hot, right?"

Cameron rolled his eyes. Diego sat down next to him, and took his hand, looking into his eyes.

"Cameron, you may not be built or whatever, but you know you're beautiful in a different way."

"Thanks. I'm beautiful, the three of you are manly men. Not sure if that's really a compliment or not."

"Come on babe!" Nate yelled, waving Diego over. He just waved back. Nate shrugged, but followed Ryan towards them when he clearly saw Cameron upset. Without a second glance at the others, Ryan scooped Cameron up and waded with him into a deeper part of the water, Cameron's hands around his neck. In less than a minute, Diego and Nate snickered to see them kiss, holding each other tightly.