The Malfoy Manor

Severus Snape was flying at incredible speed through the stormy dark sky. His arms were tightly clasping the woman's body trying not to let her fall since her soaked clothes made it difficult to hold her against the violent gusts of wind. Laurel's cold, slippery hands were doing their best to grab hold of his neck and Severus sincerely wished he didn't have to lead her to that viper's nest. 

He knew what would happen to her if he was careless for a moment and she was left in the hands of the Death Eaters. He was tempted to change course and hide her with one of the members of the Order. Dumbledore would know what to do with her. But then he remembered the fateful Halloween night when Voldemort had sacrificed his beloved despite his pleas to spare her life and Albus Dumbledore's pained gaze as he informed him that his plan to hide the Potters with the Fidelius Charm had failed.

"I thought... you were going... to keep her... safe..."

Those words he had spoken in the director's office stabbed him again. That night Severus was willing to end his own life. He did not feel worthy of seeing the dawn knowing that he had committed an unforgivable act by sacrificing the only person that had ever cared for him.

This time he would not make the same mistake that had ended the life of his beloved Lily. No, he would not leave the life of that stranger at the mercy of his two masters. This time he would personally take care of keeping that young woman safe, whatever the cost of it.

The rural Wiltshire landscape was looming through the dark clouds, and apprehension of what awaited him at the Malfoy Manor washed over Severus' mind. He was surprised to realize that he was getting carried away by his emotions. Of course, in the heat of the moment, he had forgotten to plunge his mind into the void of occlumency and Severus chided himself for almost making such a mistake. As he began to descend, he cleared his mind, emptying it of any feelings, sinking the memories of Lily deep into his thoughts. He went from being Severus Snape, the Potions Master at Hogwarts and Dumbledore's loyal double agent, to being Severus Snape, the Death Eater and loyal servant of Lord Voldemort.

Laurel was soaked to the bone when they finally reached their destination. She brushed away her damp hair that had clung to her face and swallowed, shivering more from fear than cold as she saw the massive wrought-iron gate that divided the wide driveway in front of her. Beside her Severus was unaffected by the thick rain droplets, his clothes were perfectly dry, and his hair did not drip icy water like Laurel's. She looked at him enviously and wished for the first time that she was able to do magic. Severus looked back at her and Laurel was surprised to see the immense darkness that seemed to have taken over his black eyes. Before she could ask him what was wrong he cut the ropes that tied her ankles and grabbing her arm, dragged her to the gate. Severus raised his wand and the thick iron bars vanished, transforming into dark smoke giving them a way in.

The wide driveway was lined with manicured hedges, and an impressive multi-story manor could be seen at the end of it. Severus didn't slow down, and they passed through the manor doors into the darkness of the hall. Laurel's heart stopped when she saw Fenrir Greyback waiting for them.

"They are in the drawing room. The Dark Lord has already been informed". - He said with a hint of resentment in his voice.

Snape nodded and tugged on Laurel's arm, they climbed the steps leading to the upper floor with Greyback following behind. Finally, they stopped in front of a door with brass handles and Snape rapped lightly with his knuckles. Before the door opened, he glanced at the werewolf and whispered dismissively:

"You know that your entrance is not allowed, Greyback."

The latter, letting out an indignant grunt, turned and left the corridor as they both entered a wide hall richly decorated with sumptuous paintings and tapestries. A huge chandelier dominated the room, illuminating the opulent furnishings and an ancient pipe organ. All this was not what captured Laurel's attention, the dark figure of a hooded man, seated in a high-backed chair made her instinctively step back. Snape held her in place and she, remembering his instructions, immediately gazed down to the feet of the chair, however, her fear only worsened when she saw a huge snake nesting between the man's pale feet. She had never seen an animal like that in her life, it must have been at least 12 feet long and its' dark green scales reflected the light from the chandelier. Laurel closed her eyes and gasped in horror as she felt Snape shove her towards the hooded man.