III

Korra took a side glance to the frustrated woman marching beside her. They had been walking knee deep in silence ever since they escorted Asami to Kai's workshop. Kuvira's posture was easy to examine, her steps were louder than usual and her arms swung back and forth quicker.

Korra sighed and looked ahead again. They were making their way to Hiroshi's office since he did want a word, Kuvira didn't seem to happy about that. Clearly. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong or shall I let you march the carpet down?"

"Nothing is wrong." Kuvira replied, her frown deepening.

"I beg to differ." Korra huffed and rolled her eyes. "You're angry aren't you?"

Kuvira took a few steps in silence before speaking again, "Is it obvious?"

"Very. You've been getting looks ever since we left the music room, did you know you're quite terrifying when you're furious?" It was an attempt to lighten the mood but it didn't exactly work.

Kuvira twitched her head to look at her and her expression softened. "Sorry. This whole thing has got me in a tizzy."

Korra let out a small chuckle. "I appreciate your concern Kuvira but I'll be fine, it's only training, nothing I can't handle."

"I know but I don't want you pushing yourself."

"Kuvira, seriously. It's just a bunch of rookies, they're not deadly."

Kuvira glanced at her again. "but.. what if it uncovers memories you don't want to relive again?"

They took a turn down a hallway and Hiroshi's office was in view. "Closing my eyes uncovers those memories. Maybe I should make myself busy, to take my mind off of everything. Like you're doing."

They stop outside the office door. it's large, larger than before and it made Kuvira gulp for some odd reason. Korra reached for the handle but Kuvira rested a hand onto the Corporal's shoulder, stopping her. "Look Korra I wish I could be half the person you are. You took down the Red Lotus.. Christ I thought you died doing so." She croaked. "you've done so much for everyone, for Kai, the Satos and for me. I just don't want you getting hurt, you need to give yourself some time to rest... to heal."

Korra's mouth twitched up into a small smile and her hands slithered onto Kuvira's, clasping them both in a gentle hold. "Kuvira, I couldn't of done any of that without you or Kai." she paused. "You trust me don't you?"

"With my life." Kuvira replied, tightening her grip on Korra's hands.

"Then you'll know that this job will be a piece of cake."

Korra had always been stubborn. Born to hang on, to win, to fight for what she believed in. But now... she was being too stubborn and there wasn't anything Kuvira could do about it. She let go of Korra's hands and watched her enter Hiroshi's office.

Once the office door closed, Hiroshi looked up from his desk. "Miss Smith, it's wonderful to see you."

"Afternoon Sir." Korra greeted with a smile.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your day but I would like to ask something of you." He said as he took a quick glance at Kuvira. She didn't seem happy.

"Of course Sir what is it?"

He opened the top drawer of his desk and picked out the documents, "I'm fully aware that you're taking a well deserved break but Captain Beifong suggested that you'd be a better fit for this type of job." He handed her the files and she didn't hesitate to flick to the first page.

"And that job is?" Korra asked as she eyed the papers. A small black and white photo was printed at the top left corner. A woman, blonde hair was a possibilty from the white colour of her hair in the photo. She was staring deadpan at Korra from the page as she read through the scribbles underneath. Shizuko.