VI

The book was several hundred white pages, each gentle to her finger tips as she flipped onto a new page. With her feet up and the window open, Asami was waiting like she always was, yet it was under different circumstances. Normally she'd be waiting for Korra to pay a visit, to sleep in the comfort of her arms. But now, she was waiting for an explanation for what happened after the sparring match earlier. Korra wanted to 'talk', and once those words left her Corporal's mouth, Asami's stomach sunk. It couldn't be about something bad? Could it?

A hand gripped onto her window sill and Asami rolled her eyes playfully. She slipped a bookmark onto the page she was reading and closed the book. Korra hurled herself into the room, the journey up was a lot harder in the uniform.

"There's a door to my room for a reason Korra." Asami repeated, like she did everytime, and placed the book down onto the bed next to her. "Seriously, you should start using it."

"Where's the fun in that?" Korra slid off the desk and tackled Asami into an embrace. The two fell back onto the bed in a giggling mess.

"What's this for?" Asami asked as Korra pressed a few light kisses against her neck. It tickled.

Korra stopped for a moment and propped herself up, only so she could gaze down at the woman underneath her. "I just missed you that's all."

Asami rose a brow and reached up to tangle her fingers into Korra's short hair. "You saw me about three hours ago."

Korra leaned down and connected their lips in a delicate kiss. "Exactly." she murmered. Soon their breaths huffed together and Asami had a firm grip on her Corporal's collar, pulling her closer, harder and suddenly her worry dissipated with every kiss.

Vivid memories filled her mind from earlier and soon she was whisked away, feeling every peck against her skin as Korra travelled up and down her neck. She inhaled sharply once the skin under her jawline was nipped. "Are you staying tonight?" She asked.

Korra pulled away, a proud smile on her face. "If you'll have me."

Asami fondled with a strand of her Corporal's hair, twizzling it around her index finger. The candle on her desk was flickering, sending small glowing waves of orange over Korra's skin. Her finger left her hair and she trailed it down Korra's face, cupping her cheek. "You're so pretty."

Korra smiled. "You're so sweet." Their lips met again, firm yet slow, as if they wanted to savour every second of it.

Once the lack of oxygen became a problem, the two parted, lustful eyes locked onto eachother. "You want something don't you?" Asami whispered.

"I want many things." Korra whispered back, slowly crawling further onto the bed and over Asami more. Her fingers grazed the hem of Asami's nightwear. "I want this up." They travelled down and tugged at Asami's thin shorts. "I want these down."

Breaths become ragged until it was a struggle for Asami to breathe. Her eyes fluttered closed as Korra touched the tips of her fingers to the side of her body, they were cold but it felt so good. "I want to feel you." Kisses were pressed up and down her neck. "I want to hear you."

Asami gripped at Korra's back, feeling the material of the uniform crease against her fingers. She inhaled sharply again and her eyes closed tighter as Korra's hand moved further up the side of her body. "I want every second." Asami pressed her head back into the bed, giving Korra more access as she kissed every part of her neck. "Every inch of you. I want all of it." Her mumbles sent vibrations throughout her whole body.

The first moan left Asami's mouth once Korra slid her knee slowly between her legs, applying a teasingly light pressure. "To be with you, that's all I want." Korra mumbled. Asami wanted- needed to press herself closer, to relieve the ache between her thighs, but it all stopped. The kissing, the touching. It all disappeared in a second. Her eyes shot open and she watched how Korra gave her a smug smile and reached over to pick the book up from the bed. "I also want to know what book you're reading."