IX

Every Morning, she sees people flocking in the market to purchase goods, mostly fruit and vegetables from where they were. They could hear bargains happening in very loud noises and in some cases a dispute too. Thankfully, they had just missed morning rush yet Kuvira could tell mid-day rush would appear any minute now. It would only be a matter of time before the next major activity would happen, something that happened regulaly to the point where it was a routine for people that live nearby.

Going through the market on foot was the best way to get to places quicker. Since it was highly packed and thickly crowded, moving through the streets with a cavalry of horses wasn't exactly possible but they managed to push through with a majority of apologies. They took a break in a less populated area, letting themselves breathe after the awkward encounters. Mako and Kazan already found themselves running into the nearest bar, Shizuko decided to follow. Only to ensure that they had 'one' drink of course. Kuvira on the other hand, she had disappeared into the crowded market again after saying she wouldn't be long.

Korra didn't mind, being out of the Manor was good enough for her, especially when she was with Asami also. With the Sato in mind Korra turned towards her. Asami was crouched down on the other side of the street, handing some people a few coins from her pocket whilst holding a conversation. Korra's heart soared seeing the kindness on Miss Sato's face and she watched how Asami's smile formed.

The situation with the villagers was clearly playing on her mind, it was a tough situation to be in after all. They were completely stuck unless they could magically generate money from thin air. Whatever happened, Asami made sure they were all alright, no matter their reputation. That was something Korra admired about her.

"It's unfair isn't it?"

"What is?" Korra shifted her gaze towards the woman next to her. Morrisa had her eyes trained on Asami, who fished out a few more gold coins and moved to another homeless person along the street.

"The way this place works. It's unfair." Morrisa answered. "There are people- like Asami-  who have everything handed to them on a silver platter without doing a thing. And there's people like those who have nothing but do the most."

Korra shot her recruit a glare. "I'd watch your tongue Morrisa. Asami and her family do a lot for this town."

"My apologies Corporal, I was speaking out of term." Morrisa replied almost instantly, bowing her head in the process. Once she straightened up, her eyes caught Korra's expression. Her lips were tugged into a small smile whilst her blue eyes were half lidded with admiration. Interesting. "So... you two are quite close then?"

Korra jumped at her words and slowly turned to face her. "Me and Miss Sato?" She repeated. "It's a long story."

"Well, as you know we're taking a rather long break here. We have time. Please, do tell." Morrisa asked, she sounded intrigued... too intrigued.

Korra awkwardly cleared her throat. "I think that's a story for another tim-"

"Heads up blue eyes."

Corporal Smith spun around and caught the apple before it smacked into her face. Once she lowered her hand, Kuvira stood a few feet away with a smirk on her face. "It's been a while since I bought you an apple."

Korra took a bite. "I agree. I kind of miss it actually."

"You miss emptying my pockets?"

"Most certainly." Korra laughed.

Kuvira trailed a hand across her horse's back. "Do you even realise how much those things cost?"

"It never bothered you before." The Corporal took another bite out of her red apple.