chap 13

Chapter Thirteen

THE VERDICT

“Justin?” Quincy murmured. “Where am I? What happened?”

“You do not know what happened?” Justin asked as he helped Quincy to stand up. “We are here inside the King’s room. Kim was attacked by the frontterra. Why are you here? Thank God the frontterra did not hurt you.”

She shook her head slowly. “I… I cannot remember anything.”

“LIAR!” I screeched. “Two minutes before six o’clock you went here and told me that a chambermaid gave you a letter! You tricked me!”

Justin blocked Quincy. “Calm down, Zena. Let her explain.”

She clutched Justin’s arm and looked at me incredulously. “I did not! I admit I received a letter from Mara, but I… I really do not know how I get here. The last thing I remember, I was in my room reading a book.”

“Stop lying!” I pushed Justin away and grabbed Quincy’s arm. “You said you do not know the name of the girl who gave the letter to you! And look at your hands! It has Kim’s blood that you used to write the message on the wall!”         

She glanced at the wall. “I – I – I did not do it!”

“Let her go, Zena!” Justin ordered. “You are hurting her!”

Athrun grabbed my hand to loosen my grip on Quincy’s arm. “Calm down, Zena. Harassing her would not help us solve the problem. Let us hear first what Quincy has to say. Quincy would never lie to us.”

When I heard Kim groaned, I released Quincy and knelt beside him. I forgot that he was still hurt because of the massage on the wall. It kicked the hell out of me. The message messed up my mind because it was what I was avoiding to happen.

I have to stop him!

“How are you feeling now?” I queried and I wiped away the blood on his right cheek. “Do you need anything, Kim?”

“No, I am fine now.” He smiled at me and then glanced behind me. “Traitor! Zena, listen to me. That human is a traitor!”

Everyone looked at Quincy. She looked shock and was on the verge of crying. Her face was white and her hands were trembling. The angels were looking at her with concern written in their face while I looked at her disparagingly.

I never showed pity to traitors like her.

Quincy shook her head and looked at Justin with pleading eyes. “That is not true. You know I could never do that. Justin, please believe me. I do not know what they are talking about. I do not know what happened! I do not even know why I am here!”

Justin held her hands and comforted her with soothing words. When she calmed down, he faced us. “She is not lying. If you do not believe me, Athrun could touch her and ask her questions.”

“She gave me a letter from the frontterra,” Kim explained. “According to the letter, the frontterra wanted to meet me in the kitchen. So I escaped my guards and went there only to find her waiting for me. Then she attacked me.”

“She is just a human so there is no way that she could defeat someone like you,” Justin countered.

“She…” Kim glanced at Quincy. “She moved so fast I did not get the chance to defend myself.”

Everyone’s eyes were at Quincy again. What Kim said was so impossible. Like what Justin said, Quincy is only a human being. Angels were more powerful than they were and could move hundred times faster than they could so how could Kim say that Quincy moved fast? Even if she was the fastest runner alive there was still no way on earth that she could take an angel by surprise.